ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running a power cable

Clio 2007
Hey,

I need to get a power cable ran from my battery to power an amp in my boot in a Renault Clio 1.2 turbo dymanique 57 plate.

I am using 2 awg cable and I need to get a single feed to the boot. Any ideas how I can get it from the engine bay into the car itself?

Cheers
Danny

RenaultSport Clio 172 Cup
there is a a hole were some wires go through the firewall to the battery behind the dashboard, get a torch and look up behind it and your see it, best way would be to just push the wire through there.

the dude's got 2awg cable... thats guide's gonna be useless to him.

with such thick cable, you'll have to get the drill out and make a new hole in the bulkhead through to the engine bay. Drill the hole, buy a gromit to fit in it and feed your cable through this way.

Evo 8 MR
I just had a look at my bonnet release cable and it looks like this:

Photo-0002-19.jpg

How do you get a power cable through that?

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Just going through the same problem, on my Ph1 though, find a gromit that goes into the wing? Wierd.. Anyway, does anyone kow if that guide will be similar for the Ph1?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there not a guide in the guides section. Pay the 10a and you will see all the other guides to!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i got 4awg through mine no problem. slit a hole in it with a stanley knife. vaseline up the cable and poke it through.

vaux cavalier
Real men can get 0 guage through, no danger!! :rasp:

Real men don't use a drill, they use an angle grinder and homemade grommets.....;)

A few pics of a dumdum wiring job:rasp:

Take one battery
02102007122.gif

A few cable tidies to erm, support cable:rofl:
05102007125.gif

05102007127.gif

A grommet in the boot floor
30092007116.gif

Then start wiring:clap: 30 runs of Knukonceptz 0awg....
05102007124.gif