ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running MAC OSX on a windows machine.

Shed.
Not sure if this constitutes to piracy, but is it possible ?

And are there any guides as to how it works?

Is it worth it over Windows, seeing as i generally use windows eveywhere i go. Im a Mac virgin tbh ?

I need to format soon and itll either be Windows XP x64, linux (Ubuntu or Some other form) or Leopard if i think itll be worth it.

im installing now on a my machine its taking its sweet a,ss time to partition though maybe i got a dodgy hard drive. go on your "favourate" website and search for ideneb theyve put together a installer so its simple to do

Rusty Cup
Completely doable but u may find problems with graphics card and soundcard driver support.

One of the reasons Mac dont offer their O/S for Pc use is because Mac use high quality components thus keeping the stability of the O/S at it maximum. Plus if you call Apple with an issue the know exactly what hardware you are running so this cuts out alot of potential hardware/software/driver conflicts and helps point towards the real issue.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Completely doable but u may find problems with graphics card and soundcard driver support.

One of the reasons Mac dont offer their O/S for Pc use is because Mac use high quality components thus keeping the stability of the O/S at it maximum. Plus if you call Apple with an issue the know exactly what hardware you are running so this cuts out alot of potential hardware/software/driver conflicts and helps point towards the real issue.

The only reason Mac don't offer their software for installation on anything is because they charge you double on hardware for the Mac premium.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Not sure if this constitutes to piracy, but is it possible ?

And are there any guides as to how it works?

Is it worth it over Windows, seeing as i generally use windows eveywhere i go. Im a Mac virgin tbh ?

I need to format soon and itll either be Windows XP x64, linux (Ubuntu or Some other form) or Leopard if i think itll be worth it.

Deffinatly try Ubuntu 9.04 ! its as slick as Windows 7 and OSX. and having tried it I agree it really is getting ridiculously impressive now.. even wifi stuff 'Just Works' now !

They really have put a lot of work into making it run quickly aswell the whole OS seems really snappy and responsive now.

Last edited:

Mac OS software isn't licensed for use on non-Apple PCs, because Apple components are of a higher quality? Poppyc**k!

Mitsubishi Colt
One of the reasons Mac dont offer their O/S for Pc use is because Mac use high quality components thus keeping the stability of the O/S at it maximum.

Utter tosh.

I'm slowly waking up to how good Macs are for what I might need to use them for (mainly publishing/design), but "high quality components" and "stability of the O/S at it (sic) maximum" are spouting rubbish.

Using a clean machine (a last gen Mac Pro) that's been set up and lovingly tended to by our resident Mac zealot, even this hallowed beast crashes more than my main Vista machine EVER does (twice since September, since I'm counting).... as for high quality components, what about those "high quality" Nvidia video chips that turned up in recent(ish) Macs that died just as well as their "high quality" PC counterparts due to Nvidia's duff manufacturing issues?

OTHERS: Echo what KDF says about Ubuntu 9.04 as well. Very good bit of kit it is.

im all up and running on the osx so far so good. only problem is the wireless is not working due to no driver. so does anyone know a good website where maybe i could find a wireless driver for my card? would i need to do the same as linux where i get the dell driver? the card is a belkin f5d7000 desktop pci jobby

Would just use ubuntu and never have to pay for software again tbh. Everything I have needed so far I have been able to find using the add/remove programs equivalent :)

ive had linux windows need a new challenge now and its nearly done. i only use the pc for the odd game or two and the internet the rest is messing about really. i got graphics sound etc working its just the wireless card needed now

Citroen DS3 DSport
im all up and running on the osx so far so good. only problem is the wireless is not working due to no driver. so does anyone know a good website where maybe i could find a wireless driver for my card? would i need to do the same as linux where i get the dell driver? the card is a belkin f5d7000 desktop pci jobby

Chances are your existing wifi card may not be supported within OS X, search Insanelymac for a possible answer.

Just got my Samsung Netbook. Installed OSX on it and its running except for the wireless card not being supported at all.

I just need to order a Dell internal Wireless card and all should be hunky dory!