ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rusty Rear Arches

S2000
How much, roughly, would a bodyshop be likely to charge to rub down and re-paint some rear arches on a Mk1 Clio?

I've just bought a 16v with very light surface rust and want to know how much it would cost. I know you are by far best to have new ones welded in - but I'm just considering my options just now.

Thanks

clio 16v
for a bodge i guess around the 150 mark, to have cut out and re-sprayed i guess again apprx 3-350 ish? where are you based matey?

S2000
I'm in Edinburgh mate. I'm not too bothered about getting a prefect finish - really I just want to get them looking ok and get it kind of sorted before they start to really rot.

Clio Phase II 16V
one of mine has just reveiled a bubble, meaning the rust has striked!

Going to take them back to the metal and get the whole car done. If you don't get it all first time then it is guaranteed to come back!

S2000
Another question about this. If I were to sand down the arches and treat the rust myself - would it lower the cost quite a bit if I just tool the car to the bodyshop to have the arches sprayed?

I don't mind sanding it down etc, but I want to get a good paint match when respraying it and I don't know if I would be able to get that myself as I've had no experience of doing any spraying.