ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RX7 FD 4 ROTOR!!!! needs its own thread!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
awesome. had a look in there a few times when ive been to mid point garage

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
wgt is just about the best rotary builders in the uk! pip the guy who does the work is a legend, he is expensive but he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about them! and he built a 4 rotor all custom there is no 4 rotor used in road cars... he just made it lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
they quickly ran in on the rollers today on the base map they made, its NA and at 5k was 300bhp at the wheels, with over 300ftlb torque... its safe rev limit is 9k they are expecting 700bhp at the wheels! once they sort the mapping!!!!

wgt is just about the best rotary builders in the uk! pip the guy who does the work is a legend, he is expensive but he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about them! and he built a 4 rotor all custom there is no 4 rotor used in road cars... he just made it lol

He new his stuff even with the clio. I go there as its a hub rolling road, cant remember the name of it :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Cool. How hard is it to get hold of the engine?

its custom made, they dont make one off the shelf, parts like housings are stock items as are rotors, they then use 2 22b extra plates with a custom e shaft and some longer studs.... 700bhp at the wheels NA isnt bad he going turbo next year he says lol!

Not too bad price wise actualy. You can source most of the bits from Japan using a combination of two rotor and three rotor parts as a base. Does require a bit of custom fab though. No reason why you couldn't do a five or six rotor either if you were made enough ;-)

Cheers
M

Bllody nice noise, and agree with the Highlander that it is one hell of a good looking car, white and black especially!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
IMG_00421.jpg

DSC002191.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you could put it in a rx8 yeh...

i think your looking at 10k+ for a quad rotor...

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Look up 787B on youtube for the sound of a mental 4 rotor. Automotive sex in my opinion!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the the sound of big V12s, turbo's l6's etc but bugger all comes close to one of these motors blipping the throttle or on a straight at full chat!!!

astra coupe on coilovers
awsome place tbh they have some very nice rx7s outside its just next door to mpgthe vauxhall tunning specilist