ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RX8

Vee

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Mk2 V6 #007
I'm sure if you google most common cars along with the word "issues" you'll find a whole lot of problems you might have. Clio's are no exception

Spec sounds great, hopefully doesn't take long to shift that. Always loved the shape of the rx's, sounds really nice even with stock internals and exhaust. Why he's wanting to go back to a 1*2 is beyond me though :p

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
They are exceptionally poor though, here's why;

- The owners who treat the rotary engine like a piston engine. This isn't an engine you can simply ignore. There are no special tricks to maintaining one, but the engine MUST be looked after. Run the engine to redline at least once every couple days to keep carbon build-up at bay, and change the oil and coolant at the times specified.

- When you start the car do not stop the engine cold. This can cause flooding. Always let it run for a couple minutes once started. I've never flooded mine even when it has stalled cold, but it's good advice nonetheless.

- "Clicking" from the front end when you fully crank the wheel. TSB is out on this, too.

- Oh and oil consumption, they need oil to lubricate its rotor's.

Remind me about how much more reliable they are than Renault Sport Clio's and how Clio's wont empty their tanks in 200 miles?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow love that, the spec is brilliant too. Would px my 172 for it tomorrow if I had the extra cash & he was interested.

If your genuinely interested then send him a text dude like I said he's been looking at 1*2s so you never know

I'm sure if you google most common cars along with the word "issues" you'll find a whole lot of problems you might have. Clio's are no exception

Spec sounds great, hopefully doesn't take long to shift that. Always loved the shape of the rx's, sounds really nice even with stock internals and exhaust. Why he's wanting to go back to a 1*2 is beyond me though :p

Lol he's never had a 1*2 and all my whispering in his ear has turned him slightly

Not for me, you only have to google 'rx8 issues' to see why.

As Vee says danny that can be done for any car and this car has had the money spent in all the right places! the engine build alone was a crazy amount as he has put in his listing, its a lot of car for the money with all the common issues already sorted..