ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. <----no info inside

Just realised I pre-ordered this in May 2004 and it's pencilled in for March 2007

Surely that has to be a record of some sort? Delayed by almost 3 years? Can't wait for this game, it was never going to run at more than 1fps on 2004 hardware anyway, so probably just as well really.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
lol, i'd completely forgotten about Stalker.

Think the recored for delay goes to:

Duke Nukem: Forever

must be close to a decade now, lol

Lee

BMW M2C
I've had it on pre order for a couple of years from play too, also at £14.99

One of the guys I work with used to work with the guys working on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. he was there external producer. There have been some fairly major changes to the game from the original plans. The developers are on at least there second team now. lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
And what are the odds-on favourite, that it will turn out to be a load of sh1te?

I never get my hopes up about releases, far into the future. UT2007? I'll be interested in it when a release date is like 4 weeks away - and pretty much guaranteed at that. Pointless exercise, imo - thinking, planning and waiting for stuff that's 6 months off. Enjoy what you've got at the moment! ;)

D.

DN Forever is about 11years now I think lol.

And Darren wasn't it u who posted the link to preorder UT2007? ;)

Darren S said:
And what are the odds-on favourite, that it will turn out to be a load of sh1te?

I never get my hopes up about releases, far into the future. UT2007? I'll be interested in it when a release date is like 4 weeks away - and pretty much guaranteed at that. Pointless exercise, imo - thinking, planning and waiting for stuff that's 6 months off. Enjoy what you've got at the moment! ;)

D.

When I preordered it, it was weeks away though. That's kind of the whole point of the thread dazzle :D

Daikatana is the other one that took an eternity to come out... it was also utter shite when it did finally arrive lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cyberblob said:
DN Forever is about 11years now I think lol.

And Darren wasn't it u who posted the link to preorder UT2007? ;)

It was indeed me who posted the UT2007 pre-order link. I didn't order it though! :rasp:

Wasn't it May next year, or something?

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Roy Munson said:
If STALKER is sh*t, I'll come out on the forums.

I'll just save and print this post for future proof then, Roy. When STALKER arrives in 2018, we'll get your forum name changed to Rear-Canal Roy without any trouble. Don't you worry. ;)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I could be totally wrong, but looooong, drawn-out production runs on games rarely bode well for the game in question. The other problem is that after so much hype, screenshots, previews, etc over time - the game can never meet the expectations raised. Worse still, are when much better and appealing rival games get released before-hand - to the praise of the community.

D.