ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

s**t URGANT ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
right my ps3 broke yesterday and sony are sending another today but what happens to my down loads like map packs for cod and stuff? how do i get them back?

any help welcome. cheers kev.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just ring up customer services, they re-authorise the downloads for the new console. Took about a week with mine, you'll need the serial number for the new console when you call them.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Cheers. I just looked in the ps store and all the Downloads are still there. I'm sure you can download them upto 5 times or something. Maybe i can just log straight into psn and Download again.

Clio 1.2 16v
Cheers. I just looked in the ps store and all the Downloads are still there. I'm sure you can download them upto 5 times or something. Maybe i can just log straight into psn and Download again.

you can just log on to another account and re-download Kev

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Phewww there's alot of money on my downloads with all the cods plus map packs etc I'm calm again. Should I restore my ps3 before I give this fucked 1 back?

Your downloads are tied to your account and you can download up to 5 different machines so no problem there.

Expect to lose your game saves and anything else HDD related though, the new motherboard will want to reformat it.

You can repair them yourself you know? Ok, it may void the warranty but atleast you'll keep your HDD.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
What ya mean I go back to level 1 on all the cods?

I don't know what's up with the console it just freezes on games online or not. Disc reader perhaps.

Yellow Light of Death.

When you start your machine up, does the power led change to yellow?

Tell me in detail what happens.

Indeed. Although some game saves wont back up at all..for unknown reasons to all but the developers.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Right well the machine starts fine and is fine on the Internet but when I go into a game if it's not online it will go all pixelated and skip then freeze. Online it's fine until either the pre game menu or as soon as the game starts it freezes.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well it's been freezing alot on the Internet aswell but I've checked the disc and it doesn't have a Mark or anything on it. It's literally the same points everytime where it freezes plus I've noticed alot recently the game lagging as in loads like it's not loading quick enough.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Oh and it was fine yesterday morning and then without removing the disc it just started so wouldn't say the disc.

Try a different game and see if you get the same problem. If you do i would point it to the Bluray drive packing up.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I had the same problem with re5, it would just crash halfway through through game. I had to delete it and start again and it happened at the same point again. I ended up taking the game back and swapping it and it worked since
so if its just on one game it could just be a faulty disk?

Listerine & Poledo
Downloads canbe re-downloaded onto the same user account without a worry.
I dont know about any of the newer ones, but my 1st release PS3 allows me to send pretty much anything to or from USB or memory stick.

Oh, and to those who have PS3 breakdowns, I recommend PS Pro's in Bow, London. Sorted me out in no time and advised me how to get the repair costs back out of Game, which, with a little help from BBC Radio, I got.

Well its working at the moment and like i said before, it may be just the disc if the problem is only tied to the one game. Try another game and see if ou get the same problems.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
But it's not doing it on this game so I don't think it will on any others now. Well I got a text saying it's arriving between 1 and 2 so probs just get the new 1 to be on the safe side. Does yours ever freeze just on the net? Cos mine does it quite alot so I have to unplug it. Maybe the start of a problem but it's intermittent for now.

I had the YLOD on mine. I took it apart and repaired the motherboard myself. It's all fine again now bar the fan which i think was the cause of the overheating.

Ill just buy a new fana and slot it in.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Ha yeah my fan was making noises a few weeks ago but now that's gone : s. Tempramental things arnt they. Lol every1 says the 60gb was the worst but I got mine the day they came out and I swear I didn't have 1 issue in 2 years. Slimline FTL

Listerine & Poledo
mine sometimes slows down, then when you pop the memory cards out, it's back to full speed. I didn't even notice it, the engineer did.

my 60gb never skipped a beat for 3.5 years (well, aside from Fallout crashing randomly), then a COD crash manged to detonate the laser

Manufacturing costs. Dont forget that the pal 60gb models also had partial backwards compatibility.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It's a complete exchange. Got it now, just re installing all my game add ons. Working a treat just takes a while. I had to guess my Internet wap password cos I've got loads of codes written on the same bit of paper. Lol will soon be back up and running. Looks brand new the ps3 but so did my other 1. Lol

Listerine & Poledo
Memory cards? Lol

hell yeah, anyone with a PROPER PS3 (not some cheaply-knocked-up cut-price shoddy model) will find memory card slots in the bay above the USB's... and they'll be able to play most of their Playstation back catalogue

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Haha I did have a 60gb 1 but that was ages ago and can't remember. I bet it was a ploy saying the 60gb was unreliable. I saw a 20gb 1 in Thailand. Think there us models.