ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S111CUP-new pic

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
lee742 said:
i have got yours now! :) you seem pretty mad. maybe you should tell your mates the truth. strange you never put the crash pics up. drives perfect

Truth is you bought a lemon..... Dont be "bitter"......LOL

You'd have to be mad to rebuild the car from what I've heard.
Si hasn't crashed his new car which doesn't have ABS, infact maybe ABS wouldn't have saved the Cup.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
lee742 said:
not allot as a mate works at renault so got all parts cost price. didnt pay much was worth it.

For sale

52reg cup 500k(verified milage), never race or rallied, fully HPI report, fully history....She a minter LOL

1k no offers..."Buy it Now"

Sure it will be on E-bay soon.....

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
lee742 said:
i have got pics of before (pics si didnt want you all to see) and pics after.

I wasn't aware not showing people was such a problem? I think you'll find it was my choice not to show the pics because - afterall - what kind of sick weirdo likes pics of peoples cars after an accident... well... obviously some people do.

Have fun in it.

I did.

Its been to hell and back.. three times I think. She's an interesting beast on the edge... ;)

lee742 said:
so how many people have actually seen the pics of the damage?

ive got some somewhere. lol

and pmsl @ Omar.

Fair play to u tho dude. Dont bite so much, people just having a bit of a jest atcha. hopefully u got it mega cheap and doin ok now.
Still hate the fact that some places can still sell cars which have been written off by insurance companies... makes me worried to ever buy a second hand car.

Clio 197
Lee:

Seriously: £££ ? How did you pay in total?

I believe a non-write-off Cup of similar age is worth about 6k-ish?

Did you pay more/less than that?

What was wrong with it when you got it? (ie what did you have to change?).

Bumper?
Window?
Bonnet?
Wings?
Roof?
Radiator?
Dashboard?
Steering Wheel?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
lee742 said:

And your point is ????? You bought a shitter and then shout the odds .... your the man....

Im bored now.

I'm not sure why you think Si wouldn't post the pics its not like he's going to lie about crashing his car and writing it off is he?
Are you sure its the same car I'd check the chassic numbers etc as Si's car did stand out somewhat.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
hmm...

tree.jpg

w2%20G%20zelt%20rope.jpg

gear.jpg

1966-features-6.jpg

Renaultsport 220T
lee742 said:

So when you come to sell the car, will you be showing potential buyers these pics mate?

What's the resale value of it now?

172 cup
no way. i payed less than 6k no roof damage or anything like that. only new panels it needed was wing,bumper,front panel, headlight panel, 2 headlights 2 fogs due to some stupid air intake thing didnt even need a grill!

actually it does. lol. front bumper meeting the wing... lines dont run smoothly....

any more pics? thats a s**t angle.

Clio 197
Cmon' then :)

5k? Roughly whereabouts are ya sitting £££-wise (add £100 for the front splitter which isn't fitted yet).

172 cup
yeh more pics 2moz that was the corner hit aswell. seen worse on the renault forecourt.
going bed in a min more pics soon. as you can see didnt quite finish taking the stickers off. nite xxx

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
EVOgone said:
And your point is ????? You bought a sh*tter and then shout the odds .... your the man....

Im bored now.

To be fair, up to the point where you guys came on with your 'we know something you dont know' posts all the guy had done was say he'd repaired Si's old car and wanted to post some pictures of it.

Surely if you see someone has bought a car that you know has dangerous fault then the decent thing to do would have been to make them aware of it and to get it checked out, rather than take the piss?

172 cup
cheers nik i guess some people dont like the fact i want to put this rare hatch back on the road. just wanted to come here to meet like minded people not haters.!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
lee742 said:
just wanted to come here to meet like minded people not haters.!

Well thats the idea, unfortunatley it seems somebody has removed the welcome mat from the entrance to this forum lately.

Clio 197
^^

Nah, I don't think there are any haters...

As long as you're here to join-in on the fun, then nobody cares.

What might upset people, is 'recon' work - trying to find out anything/everything about the car/previous owner... (invasion of privacy).

Just make sure you're 100% happy with the repairs/safety etc, and you're away.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Nik said:
To be fair, up to the point where you guys came on with your 'we know something you dont know' posts all the guy had done was say he'd repaired Si's old car and wanted to post some pictures of it.

Surely if you see someone has bought a car that you know has dangerous fault then the decent thing to do would have been to make them aware of it and to get it checked out, rather than take the piss?

The concern is that the car shouldnt be on the road, until there is a certificate saying the cars been inspected and all is well then its a potential danger to himself and other on the road.

Does the insurance company know its write off ?

Has it been inspected and have a reoprt that the work is all ok to standard ?

Frankly when the said person starts to question the previous owners ability in an non ABS car then quite frankly he deservse all the crap he gets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
EVOgone said:
The concern is that the car shouldnt be on the road, until there is a certificate saying the cars been inspected and all is well then its a potential danger to himself and other on the road.
Yeah, I couldn't agree more and i wasn't specifically commenting on what you said. I just think it would have been more constructive of someone to say this in the first place. The guy asks what it was thats so wrong with the car, but gets the whole childish 'we're not telling' attitude back instead.

If Si is certain that it's a lemon that was beyond repair then he should tell him what he knows was wrong about the car. This way he can get it checked out, for the his own safety and that of all us other road users.

EVOgone said:
Frankly when the said person starts to question the previous owners ability in an non ABS car then quite frankly he deservse all the crap he gets.
Yeah, not the best of things to have said I admit, but had someone just said 'X or Y was wrong with it, get it checked out' in the first place then I doubt the comment would have been made. As we've seen before on this forum secrecy unfortunately just breeds speculation.

Last edited:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Nik said:
Yeah, I couldn't agree more and i wasn't specifically commenting on what you said. I just think it would have been more constructive of someone to say this in the first place. The guy asks what it was thats so wrong with the car, but gets the whole childish 'we're not telling' attitude back instead.

If Si is certain that it's a lemon that was beyond repair then he should tell him what he knows was wrong about the car. This way he can get it checked out, for the his own safety and that of all us other road users.

Yeah, not the best of things to have said I admit, but had someone just said 'X or Y was wrong with it, get it checked out' in the first place then I doubt the comment would have been made. As we've seen before on this forum secrecy unfortunately just breeds speculation.

If Si doent want to go over old ground then thats his choice but he should be critisised for it in any way. Its not for him to say.

The guy knows he has bought a damaged car and the concern is whether its safe (proper inspection) or its been done on the cheep which is what it sounds like then it shouldnt be on the road.

REGARDING FACTS

If there is an inspection report and all is above board with ins etc then fine. Im sure it will be sold on and the next person wont know about it.