ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S111CUP-new pic

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
Nik said:
If Si is certain that it's a lemon that was beyond repair then he should tell him what he knows was wrong about the car. This way he can get it checked out, for the his own safety and that of all us other road users.
Si has already been over everything that is wrong with the car, via email, to the guy who originally bought it off the insurance company....If he hasn't passed this information on to its new owner then that is up to him really and not Si.

Clio 182
Nik said:
Well thats the idea, unfortunatley it seems somebody has removed the welcome mat from the entrance to this forum lately.

I totally agree with Nik, this thread comes across really badly :dapprove:

hello i wanna put a pic of my car on here, how u do it? ive added it to my profile but it dont seem to come up anywhere.... thanks!

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
Sexi Kitti said:
hello i wanna put a pic of my car on here, how u do it? ive added it to my profile but it dont seem to come up anywhere.... thanks!

Forum members cant do it...you need to be a member :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Karen said:

Yeah and its not been the first time this subject has come around!! I have my suspicions about what happended there is not many reasons why people wouldnt discuss and RTA. (not that I am particularly interested :rolleyes: )

Just a shame that the forum has so many arsey threads on it recently. :dapprove:

adtmits said:
Yeah and its not been the first time this subject has come around!! I have my suspicions about what happended there is not many reasons why people wouldnt discuss and RTA. (not that I am particularly interested :rolleyes: )

Just a shame that the forum has so many arsey threads on it recently. :dapprove:

look nowt serious happened but si does just want to move on. i spoke to him right after it happened the last crash wasnt the worst one but when its been into a tree then the back of a car then in another accident
i know for one i wouldnt dive it on the road or anywhere again

then add to the fact the engine liked doing strange things like spitting sparkplugs out and other not so hot things

the car is f**king jinxed and should have been written off after the first crash really

but please leave simon alone he wants nothing more to do with the car or clios in general really lol

Lee

BMW M2C
Karen said:

Yup, I agree with that.

Lee has come on here to discus the repair of the car and instead he's got half a dozen people talking to him like he's some kind of murderer. All making smug know it all remarks that mean nothing to anyone except a small group of people.

I can't remember if I've seen the pics of the crashed Cup, as it happened so many times I lost track. ;) Si and that car together were jinxed. :(

Was it's final crash the one involving a friend and a country lane?

Good luck getting the car sorted out Lee, and considering you are repairing it for your own use I'm sure you'll make sure it's road worthy.

Mike, the sparkplug thing was due to it being cross threaded though wasn't it?

Lee said:
Yup, I agree with that.

Lee has come on here to discus the repair of the car and instead he's got half a dozen people talking to him like he's some kind of murderer. All making smug know it all remarks that mean nothing to anyone except a small group of people.

I can't remember if I've seen the pics of the crashed Cup, as it happened so many times I lost track. ;) Si and that car together were jinxed. :(

Was it's final crash the one involving a friend and a country lane?

Good luck getting the car sorted out Lee, and considering you are repairing it for your own use I'm sure you'll make sure it's road worthy.

Mike, the sparkplug thing was due to it being cross threaded though wasn't it?

yeah it was and it wouldnt supprise me if it was to do it again it had a few engine problems tho also the brakes liked binding too

the final crash did involve people he knew so its a fair chance thats why he doesnt want to talk about it id say but he hated the car anyway so thats another reason :)

Lee

BMW M2C
As has been said, there's really no need to go raking up the past. s**t happens and we all have to move on. Although a little more often than I'd like. lol

Just see how Lee gets on putting it back on the road, safely.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I dont see how cars are 'jinxed', sh*t happens in life..... But it is all of our own creation. Ive had a fair few traumas in the six years of driving, but never put it down to the individual car.

Best of luck to Lee putin it back on the road. I'm sure it will be done safely because he's nothing to gain by not doin it properly.

EVOgone said:
If Si doent want to go over old ground then thats his choice but he should be critisised for it in any way. Its not for him to say.

The guy knows he has bought a damaged car and the concern is whether its safe (proper inspection) or its been done on the cheep which is what it sounds like then it shouldnt be on the road.

REGARDING FACTS

If there is an inspection report and all is above board with ins etc then fine. Im sure it will be sold on and the next person wont know about it.

I know lee and he only emailed si to ask a few questions about the car.Ok fair enough if he doesnt want to talk about it but when it comes to si not sending lee the locking wheel nut key etc, its as if he doesnt want lee to have the car.

every car which has been written off and is being put back on the road has to pass a vic check any way so im sure if its not safe they wouldnt let lee drive it on the road!

Also when it was written off it would have been put in a catorgary by the insurance company,if it was totally wrecked and not repairable it would have been put in cat a or b to be broken and sold for parts basically. The insurance company obviously felt it was safe to be repaired and put back on the road or else lee wouldnt of been able to buy it!

And when he says hes getting repaired cheap i think he meens properly but from friends in the trade(cheaper price not quality). and the parts were trade price,as he aslo has friends who work for renault.

For him to come on to this so called 'club' and be talked to like 'put up with it you have bought a shitter' i think is wrong.
(rant over)
paul

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
paul_123 said:
I know lee and he only emailed si to ask a few questions about the car.Ok fair enough if he doesnt want to talk about it but when it comes to si not sending lee the locking wheel nut key etc, its as if he doesnt want lee to have the car.

every car which has been written off and is being put back on the road has to pass a vic check any way so im sure if its not safe they wouldnt let lee drive it on the road!

Also when it was written off it would have been put in a catorgary by the insurance company,if it was totally wrecked and not repairable it would have been put in cat a or b to be broken and sold for parts basically. The insurance company obviously felt it was safe to be repaired and put back on the road or else lee wouldnt of been able to buy it!

And when he says hes getting repaired cheap i think he meens properly but from friends in the trade(cheaper price not quality). and the parts were trade price,as he aslo has friends who work for renault.

For him to come on to this so called 'club' and be talked to like 'put up with it you have bought a sh*tter' i think is wrong.
(rant over)
paul

Fair point - but you will find that people attitudes (mine for sure) only changed when Si ability was questioned "No ABS - not experienced enough etc" comments. For someone relatively new to take this tact then unfortunately people will always react in this way.

My advise is not to critise about thing or people that you dont know about.

He was subjected to a similar response from his very first post all those months back!

Let it go.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Day said:
He was subjected to a similar response from his very first post all those months back!

Let it go.

Its gone........................................................

Clio 197
paul_123 said:
t but when it comes to si not sending lee the locking wheel nut key etc, its as if he doesnt want lee to have the car.

Sorry, but what makes you think Si actually had it in the first place? Did he say that he had it?

How long was it between the "final" accident, and the purchase of the car?

Do you think that maybe he didn't have any of the documents/nuts etc?

Without any disrespect, could it be Lee's own paranoia that caused him to over react, having a dig at Si's driving?

Whatever... Hakuna Matata dudes... :cool:

P1000623.jpg

P1000621.jpg

No, these are recent.

Now the pictures are there, this thread should be locked.

Last edited:
  172 cup
hey those pics are from a little while ago. iv done a few more finishing touches since then(fogs,splitter etc) more pics soon! thanks day!

172, Tiguan
Blimey, seems a bit spooky seeing that thing back on the roads after all the hours I spent in it.

Vee dub
Blimey not a nice entrance for you lee

Hope you stick around fella.. not everyone on here takes the piss

Cheers, enjoy the car

Tom

TomS said:
Blimey not a nice entrance for you lee

Hope you stick around fella.. not everyone on here takes the piss
I hope he doesn't take our coments the wrong way but everyone on here who has posted about the car knows its history and would never wish anyone to try and drive a car which they would belive up be unsafe.

Ad

MK2 FRS
looks gud except the mud flaps. ^^ Think those who dont know about the car are confused how a car catogrised for repair and repaired properly can be unsafe!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
^^i agree.

he bought it KNOWING it was CAT D so i'm sure the work was carried out to a very high standard.

Welcome to CS. Enjoy the car bud.

:)

Chris

Liquid yellow R26 F1
TBH.. a CAT D meams it's un-economical for repair.. Not specifically unsafe..

I wrote off my 205 DTurbo.. (well the R1 that bounced off my bonnet did,..) got paid out £1500 and bought it back from the insurance Co for £120.. got a new wheel and an MOT.. wasn't bothered about the dodgy wing, etc.. it worked for another year or so.. which suited me fine.. and sold it for £200 (think i had a new head gasket in there somewhere aswell.)..:):) and made sure that my insurance status showed it was a NON Fault claim.. so didn't affect my NCB, etc..

S

swisstom182

Look, I know Lee also, and some of you giving him a hard time is really sh*t, I work for Renault, know what Lee paid for the car, what parts he has used and cost him, and believe me it is well below 6k.

He bought the car knowing it is on the register and quite happy to do so. I also saw the car when he first got it and believe me it wasn't as major as most of you are making out, ok so it may have had a hard life previously, who gives a sh*t???? If he is happy with it let him get on with it. The technicians who have looked at the car and carried out some of the work on it are RTE's, so do you really think they would do work knowing it is unsafe or unroadworthy??

Some of you lot on here are clicky and need to grow up and let others get on with it without taking the piss. I hope Lee has a great time with the car because we all know that 172/cups are superb fun.

And at least you got a nice plate out of it.

Good Luck with the car Lee, enjoy it mate,
PS- who's sh*t gti6 is that?

Snotter's
what a bunch of w*****s,fair play to you m8.On this forum if you aint one of the boys they act like dicks.I seem to remember a certain cupcake taking the piss when i crashed my car !!! seems he doesnt like it when people do it to him