ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

s15(200sx) vs Clio 172/182

Hi Guys,

Just wondering on a 0-60mph (0-100km/h) drag, would these cars be close? i.e. no difference? If not which one is the winner?

Note: i'm referring to the 197bhp version of the s15.

Also both stock.

Cheers,
K.

Last edited:
  2000 renault clio 1.2 8v
probly clio cus it lighter bt the s15 would have more traction so it cud b v close

Thanks for that. Reason i asked is because my mate just got one. A 2001 model. I actually drove it tonight i went to around 6000rpm and to tell you the truth in stock form i couldn't really feel the turbo kick. I can feel the engine become torquer(spelling?) when it hit around 4000rpm. It didn't really feel any quicker to me than my 172. But i reckon maybe over 62mph it might? I wonder up to what speed can the clio match it with the S15?

probly clio cus it lighter bt the s15 would have more traction so it cud b v close

2000 renault clio 1.2 8v
kul wel it is a quik spool up turbo in the s15 so it wudnt b tht must of an on off boost car but id after bout 60 it wud start 2 pull away bcus of the torque (torquier i think lol) id say do it tho u wudnt b far off

Hi,

Its an AUS spec. I'm from sydney australia :)

It has 147kW or 197bhp.
Spec R, comes with sunroof.so heavier lol.

On the 200sx.org site it states 0-60 in 6.9Secs......
Not sure what my 172 does. never timed it ehheh.

o quik question its a jdm model right n wot spec is it?

2000 renault clio 1.2 8v
o thts preti kul. im in2 my jap stuf 2 but have a clio lol cheaper insurance. take it its totally standard then? how much did it cost 2 buy n ship in?

182,200sx s14a,Discovery
i think the spec r has 250bhp. but standard they have same engines as the s14/s14a its called sr20det. standard there wont be much difference between the s15 (197bhp) and clio in a straight line.

Hi,

thx guys for the replies. yeah the aussie spec r's are just the same as the normal i think they just come with more equipment. The car didnt need importing as australia sells the s15 locally. its definitely 147kW. I think that equates to 197bhp. So i guess a straight line nothing in it up to 62mph.

2000 renault clio 1.2 8v
hey im bk. have u any pics of the s15. sounds like a nice motor. my m8 has an s14a with around 320bhp tis v nice lol n my other m8 is currently rebuilding his s13

2000 renault clio 1.2 8v
awel ill c if i can get sum pics of my m8 Philly's s14a and post them up sumtime along wit Kenny's s13

Renault Clio 182 Cup
172 cup does note 0-60mph in 6.5s-6.8s and 182 cup does it 6.2s-6.4s. Owners you do it in yours rockets but all of it depend how you start and how u change gear