ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sad day for the cup

Evo 8 MR
Went out to Beacon Fell earlier today for some dirty pics of how it sits now and to get a couple of the yozza.

1408104.jpg

1408103.jpg

1408105.jpg

1408106.jpg

1408107.jpg

1408108.jpg

1408101.jpg

However, on the way back home there was a pretty sharp downhill right turn which was caked in wet mud, seeing this I slowed right down, didn't look at my speedo but I was in 3rd and I was going round okay, just kind of coasting round, never had my foot on the accelerator or anything I was just going round and then the front end lost grip and I started sliding, felt like it was on ice.

Instinct took over and I applied the brakes but nothing changed so all I could do was steer it away from the bridge which I could see I wasn't going to make and into a side road just to the left which I managed but it caught the edge of the bridge wall, bounced off and into a post which brought us to a stop just before we got to a slope leading into the river!

I needed a tow to get out of the predicament which a nice friendly farmer helped us with and then called the AA, he came out and tie wrapped the bumper onto the car and popped a couple of plastic bits off and we set off but it was scrubbing on the tyre quite a lot so he towed us on his trailer and then dropped us off at home, all free of charge!

Anyway it's outside my local bodyshop now waiting for an assessment on Monday, from what I can tell it's all cosmetic, bumper, wing and headlights needed. Just a shame really, could have been a LOT worse though so I consider myself very lucky.

I wouldn't normally post this really but it would be weird taking comments about the car when it's taken a bump so I've made the decision to share this, also makes it a little easier on myself to get it off my chest sort of thing.

"Awaits flaming" :eek:

200 FF Storm Grey
Unlucky mate, similiar to how I crashed, no real speed just a slimy road and lots of bad luck!

On the plus side, I fooking love your seats mate, exactly what i've been looking for, what are they?

Evo 8 MR
I appreciate the sympathy, although I don't think everyone will be the same.

They are from an Evo 9 MR edition. ;)

Not sure what they're called exactly but they are virtually the same as the Trendlines.

Evo 8 MR
Wonder why it was caked in wet mud? and why the farmer felt so generous?

I'm not sure pal, just country lanes aint it, some are really dangerous. The road was horrendous too, it was all cracked and came to an abrupt end which didn't help at all.

I was really expecting the farmer to tell me to go do one but she was really nice, she sent who I assume was her son to help us.

I never knew farmers were this nice lol.

200 FF Storm Grey
I appreciate the sympathy, although I don't think everyone will be the same.

They are from an Evo 9 MR edition. ;)

Not sure what they're called exactly but they are virtually the same as the Trendlines.

Want to sell me them? Money may be tight now that you need to pay for repairs ;) lol

Megane 225 F1
WHAT? Cup culling season has come early. Only joking dude, that really sucks :( Any pics of the damage? I can't imagine it being pretty :(

Civic Type S GT
Gutted mate! It's always been a dodgy road because of farmers.

Not got any 'after' pics mate?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Arghhh gutted, car looked awesome before though, if that helps lol

These liquid force's old seats then?

S4 Avant
Wonder why it was caked in wet mud? and why the farmer felt so generous?

I'm not sure pal, just country lanes aint it, some are really dangerous. The road was horrendous too, it was all cracked and came to an abrupt end which didn't help at all.

I was really expecting the farmer to tell me to go do one but she was really nice, she sent who I assume was her son to help us.

I never knew farmers were this nice lol.

Don't think you saw what I was getting at.

S4 Avant
When farmers are moving livestock, or farm equipment, they often leave behind lots of mud all over the roads.

EP3 Civic Type R
These things happen.... I know you appreciate your car and your not some chav... those roads up the 'Fell there can be dangerous day/night, any weather- it's one of those places and I've had a few near misses up there myself, as have many friends.

Hopefully it is just cosmetic and you're back on the road asap mate.

Evo 8 MR
When farmers are moving livestock, or farm equipment, they often leave behind lots of mud all over the roads.

Oh right, your not wrong there, it's to be expected though so I can't really blame anyone else.

These things happen.... I know you appreciate your car and your not some chav... those roads up the 'Fell there can be dangerous day/night, any weather- it's one of those places and I've had a few near misses up there myself, as have many friends.

Hopefully it is just cosmetic and you're back on the road asap mate.

Thought you'd post, lol.

That means a lot that does Mish, makes me feel a little less sorry for myself, and thanks. ;)

It'll be at Bodytech for at least a week or two I'd have thought, if your ever up this way feel free to see the devastation. I know Dave and Tim used these guys back in the day, not sure if they still do.

EP3 Civic Type R

Not much they can do though really... it's country roads, the farmers have been there years, you just have to be very careful on the twisties

S4 Avant
Oh I'm not saying it's their fault, there's bound to be mud there, but I was addressing the OPs surprise at the farmers being generous in helping, as he's slipped on their mud.

EP3 Civic Type R
He can smell claims direct eh Dave?! haha!

Nah I know what you mean mate...

Steve, nothing worse than no-it all's telling you what they would have done in an 'accident'- like you say, could have been alot worse :)

Civic Type S GT
Trust me mate, I know a few people who have spun round them roads, worse to be infact!

Hopefully pal it won't sting your wallet to much and you'll be back on the road soon!

320d
Bad news with the bump mate. Hope you get it sorted cheaply and its back to its best. Not had much luck with it the last week have you with it not starting at the meet and now this.

I've been there myself actually with my 1.2 I hit a wall at low speed and it needed a bumper, headlight and wing. Think it was £570 to sort at the time (nearly 3 years ago) but it wasn't the best of jobs to be fair.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
ouch! very unlucky there pal. Glad your okay

at least the body tech guys will look after you, should be back to the condition it was in soon

Skoda fabia Vrs
Least the full side of your car didnt get Keyed like mine last night the ******!!!!

Brand new car and its ruined!! Arggghhh!

unlucky about the car anyway mate mistakes happen! Cs police? speeding lol

Steve

Evo 8 MR

bad luck buddy looks a tidy cup as well, hope it all gets fixed.

got any pics of the damage??

I do have a few pics but I do not wish to post them.

Least the full side of your car didnt get Keyed like mine last night the ******!!!!

Brand new car and its ruined!! Arggghhh!

unlucky about the car anyway mate mistakes happen! Cs police? speeding lol

Steve

Definitely wasn't speeding.

ouch! very unlucky there pal. Glad your okay

at least the body tech guys will look after you, should be back to the condition it was in soon

Yup, they do accident damaged repairs all the time so this will be a simple job, I just hope they can get cracking straight away.

anything
aw crap one steve after getting the yozza on . hope its not to bad for you buddy , you have any idea where the mud came from coz you might be able to claim from the farmer responsible

Evo 8 MR
aw crap one steve after getting the yozza on . hope its not to bad for you buddy , you have any idea where the mud came from coz you might be able to claim from the farmer responsible

Hmm, is it possible to do that?

E90
Mud is the clio's downfall on this forum. I am pretty sure you can't "claim" for that like the above advice, you are expected to see these things and drive according to the conditions. Otherwise people would be taking God to court as it rained and made the road slippy. lol

Glad you are ok, cars fix, long as you aint hurt its another one of lifes experiences.

Evo 8 MR
Mud is the clio's downfall on this forum. I am pretty sure you can't "claim" for that like the above advice, you are expected to see these things and drive according to the conditions. Otherwise people would be taking God to court as it rained and made the road slippy. lol

Glad you are ok, cars fix, long as you aint hurt its another one of lifes experiences.

Weeman has spoken....

lol thanks mate. ;)

Maybe a silly question, but why not post the pics?

Just incase I end up regretting it in one way or another.

Civic Type S GT
BUT.... If I remember rightly, arnt farmers supposed to clear the road of mud and sh!te that they drag onto the roads in order to prevent accidents!?

SG9 Forester STi
Gutted for you but as said before least you're not hurt and there isn't any mechanical damage.

Hope you get it sorted and looking it's best soon! :)