ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sad day for the cup

Evo 8 MR
The guys at Bodytech have given it a thorough check today and it seems that what it needs is a bumper and a wing, I'll be sourcing some headlights.

There's also a ding on the bonnet that needs attention, the bracket that the bumper bolts onto needs bending back into position, the little black bits in the middle will need attention as new ones simply are not worth £80.

Then it just needs painting and blending into the door and the bonnet.

All for a grand total of £800 - cash.

Should have it back by the weekend too!

Evo 8 MR
Headlights turned up today so I've just been and dropped them off at Bodytech.

It's sat under a cover now with the bumper and wing removed and with a little bit of filler on the tip of the bonnet.

Wing has turned up today but Renault took down the wrong paint code for the bumper so they sent a silver one. It's been sent back and the correct colour bumper should be there in the morning.

Then it's just a case of blending everything in and putting it back together. Should be ready late tomorrow or Saturday morning at the latest. :D

It's safe to say I cannot wait. I hate walking. lol

BMW E36 328
Just read through this steve, am gutted for you mate, the car looked so good last time i saw it at the cs meet, At least its getting sorted tho, Shouldnt be too long until you get it back should it?

Evo 8 MR
Just read through this steve, am gutted for you mate, the car looked so good last time i saw it at the cs meet, At least its getting sorted tho, Shouldnt be too long until you get it back should it?

I know, it's so gutting but ... s**t happens.

Should have it back for this weekend.

BMW E36 328
Cool, All back, sprayed and back to normal, its horrible not having a car isnt it, i hated it when mine was off the road because that KA crashed into me

Evo 8 MR
Got a phone call tonight, everything is painted up, just needs putting together and it'll be looking pretty.

I'm told to expect a phonecall between 12pm and 1pm tomorrow. :D

b/g 182, meg tourer
great news mate. glad its getting sorted and not stupidly expensive. you got off lightly there. lovely looking cup!

Silver 182
Is it just me or 800 seems to be abit cheap? would have thought from what you described that damage would have been alot more expensive? :S

We crashed a prodrive sti impreza 4 month ago. actually not crashed.. a saphira went into the back of us and that sent us flying into the back of a bmw... Damage evaluation was of 11000 + which insurance company refused to cover. So they gave us 9500 instead. Yes the back was converted into a hatchback :D and the front end was wrapped around the engine but still... was mostly cosmetic damage that ran upto 11k... So if you lost front bumber and a wing + lights.. surely 800 is too cheap or was our insurance company just being assholes?

p.s we was gonna sell it for 10k anyway though.. so werent too upset. Although miss the scooby ALOT!

Evo 8 MR
Is it just me or 800 seems to be abit cheap? would have thought from what you described that damage would have been alot more expensive? :S
... So if you lost front bumber and a wing + lights.. surely 800 is too cheap or was our insurance company just being assholes?

I think certain places add more on because they know insurers will pay it within reason.

I'm paying for this out of my own back pocket so I've been discussing in depth what I want and what I don't want, simply in order to get it back on the road.

I've bought some headlights myself which has saved me a few pennies, there won't be any splitter and there won't be any undertrays, what can be recycled will be re-used etc. It is expensive though considering what it is, perhaps your idea of the damage is more than it actually is?

Anyway, I received a call this morning and unfortunately theres been a slight delay so it won't be ready until Monday night now. :(

Silver 182
I think certain places add more on because they know insurers will pay it within reason.

I'm paying for this out of my own back pocket so I've been discussing in depth what I want and what I don't want, simply in order to get it back on the road.

I've bought some headlights myself which has saved me a few pennies, there won't be any splitter and there won't be any undertrays, what can be recycled will be re-used etc. It is expensive though considering what it is, perhaps your idea of the damage is more than it actually is?

Anyway, I received a call this morning and unfortunately theres been a slight delay so it won't be ready until Monday night now. :(

Nah i just base my accounts on the experiences i had of crashing cars. Awhile back i taken out my front bumper a radiator and the bonet, obviously the lights gone too etc, I asked for all the bits to be second hand.. but still the labour + parts came to around 1.2k and that was for a 1.4 common 1996 clio! So i think 800 for yours is really really good.

Just go out relax! And monday will come around before you know it.

Evo 8 MR
Finally it's back in my possession, I turned up and they were doing the finishing touches, fitting the side repeater and the washer jets.

At this point it was absolutely filthy apart from the newly painted areas so they drove it outside and gave it a quick wash, was funny watching four guys wash the cup lol.

Then I handed over the cash and promptly jumped in the drivers seat, to be greated by the smell of fresh paint! I'm so excited I have a massive grin on my face when I just look at it.

When I got home I opened the bonnet to fit the indicator bulbs from the xenon units and when I had my head down looking behind the unit I could smell nothing but fresh paint again.

I'm really weary now though, if anyone is remotely close to me I sort of get some dodgy feeling, it's really weird, like it's knocked my confidence.

I'm sure I'll build it back soon enough though. I forgot how awesome it is to drive it!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Glad its back again steve! Nothing worse than not having a car

Confidence will build back up again slowly, I know what you mean I was the same after my wheel incident lol

Clio
i know how you feel when i had mine back after a month away it had new door, wings i chose the ealier black plastic lights which look a million times better
than grey ones imo and also new bonnet grills and bumper bassically a whole new front end lol

it was 500 pound of being a write off ..

Evo 8 MR
Just a little update regarding this, it's going back to Bodytech on Monday as I'm not happy with it, I want it perfect.

Issues are:

Bumper sagging slightly
Headlight facing downwards
Headlight sitting too high at the very top point
Gap between headlight and bonnet/grille is too big

We're talking 1-2mm, it's not noticeable unless it's parked next to another clio and with a keen eye but as I said I want it perfect.

Also the locking wheel nut keys were lost so they gave me £80 to get two new sets of locking wheel nuts from Renault, they'll be fitting them when I send it in too.

I'll have the courtesy car this time so they can take their time to get it spot on. I have every faith they will get the job done.

Oh...it now has xenons again. :D

Evo 8 MR
I'm now thinking of getting a few more jobs done whilst it's there.

Paint the interior
De-badge the tailgate
Colour code the side strips

I'll throw out the door cards and the carpet tomorrow I think.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Steve I love your car!

We'll both be rocking curtesy cars lol what do they have as theres? Im rocking a diesel focus for quite a while.... bummer :(

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I know how that feels I want to wear a bag while driving the focus lol, hoping to find out this week about mine then can either get another one sorted or get excited about getting mine back :)