ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sad times, the RB is dead :(

Subaru 330s
Unfortunately last Friday the clio and I were in a bit of a nasty accident, I am awiting official confirmation but I am pretty sure the RB is a write off
sad.gif
I am so so gutted, and I know people keep telling me its only metal, its replacable and all that but I have never had so much fun driving a car before, I loved RB
sad.gif
. I really don't know what I will be getting next.....I can't imagine it being another renault, unless I buy another 182, but I don't know if thats a silly idea as it will never really be the same?! But whatever it is it will be just as loud
bigsmile.gif

Anyway, here's RB as it stands now, looking rather sorry for itself:
Photo1564.gif

Photo1565.gif

Photo1566.gif

Photo1567.gif

Photo1570.gif

Photo1577.gif

Subaru 330s
I was going across a set of traffic lights straight on, and the bloke coming the other way waiting to turn right, just turned straight infront of me, I braked and swerved to try and avoid him, but I hit his back end and the front of the car behind him...

S4 Avant
Ouch, write off indeed.

Not a fan of accidents, looks like it was a pretty nasty one as well, hope your ok.

I imagine the bloke is saying it's your fault?

Inferno 182
sorry to see a lovely car in such a mess would be very shocked if they repair it though.

good to see your ok thats the main thing

Subaru 330s
Yep im totally gutted, I was in bits when it happened, it kind of feels worse now that its sitting in my garage :(

I'm not at fault, but after it happened the drivers of the other two cars were stood talking behind my car for ages, one was a really arsey b**ch to me, told me to move my car out the road, I just looked at her in disbelief really, silly cow! But the police have said they can't establish whose at fault, I have a feeling the other driver is blaming me, but I don't see how its my fault?! Its just going to be a pain in the arse to sort out I think

Subaru 330s
No injuries, thankfully, I just feel like a 90 year old woman at the moment, or that i've done a heavy gym sesh with no warm up, all stiff and achey, it's not nice, but im ok!
I'm waiting for an engineer to come and look at my car, I imagine it will be declared a write off and then I will see what the insurance offer me for it, I think all the other costs for towing and hire car when I get one will be covered by the other persons insurance.

TTRS & V50
Looks a sorry state, almost definitely a write off.

Make sure you put him at blame because 9 times out of ten the other party will be fine and dandy at the accident scene but when they are back home they will put the blame on you and it will end up 50/50 which isn't fair if it's 100% not your fault.

Another thing, make sure that n/s/f tyre isn't bald when the insurance inspector comes out, because to me it looks incredibly close to the limit.

PH1 V6
sorry to hear this mate!

from what you have said it is your right of way if he is WAITING to turn right. My advice would be to write up a report and issue a copy to insurance company and police! dont do nothing about it because as said the other party will almost certainly blame you. If its apparant that you had right of way then you wont lose the insurance claim, honest!

Subaru 330s
Yep have already written a statement up and will send it off to the insurance when I get the paperwork through. Yes I know the tyre looks quite bald in the pic, but it is legal, I have checked them all just incase as I was about to buy tyres but they are all within the legal limits!!

S4 Avant
Yep. good to get things written up, every correspondence with insurance and other parties etc... Did the police attend the accident?

Take lots of pictures of the scene, and the layout of the road.

172DD Cup
sorry to hear about your accident. as dave88 said go and get photos to support your claim, draw diagrams, etc etc, basically as much evidence as you can.

Subaru 330s
I have done all that today, got images off google maps, made a few drawings of things, my mum took photos for me at the time as I only live 5 mins up the road so she came down to me, police also took photos too. Yer the police attended, they had to tow my car out of the road, buggers though as they don't tell you it costs £150 then £20 storage, and I wasn't allowed to go get my car over the weekend, if I had known I would have got someone to tow it at the time, straight away! I will claim it all back though.

clio 182
Is that the crossroads near whitnash? If it is im not surprised, its a sh*te junction. Glad that your ok but sad about your car :( was only the other day that i saw it

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Ouch, that looks a bad one.

I'm glad your OK though. If it happened how you said, I would of thought it'd go through no problem? He crossed your right of way!

Subaru 330s
Yep the harbury lane traffic lights by whitnash, they are crap, the junction is far too big, there have been so many accidents there, the middle of it needs to be yellow hatched!

Ouch!

My OH's job is crash repair estimation for insurance, and that's most certainly a write off :( Gutting for you, and a hell of a lot of hassle too :(

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
If someone has turned accross your path they're more than likely going to be fully liable. The only time you get problems with claims regarding traffic lights is if one party is saying the other's light was on stop

This isnt the case, and the guy failed to give way to oncoming traffic, you should get all your costs back so dont worry too much

Clio 182 cup'd
I have done all that today, got images off google maps, made a few drawings of things, my mum took photos for me at the time as I only live 5 mins up the road so she came down to me, police also took photos too. Yer the police attended, they had to tow my car out of the road, buggers though as they don't tell you it costs £150 then £20 storage, and I wasn't allowed to go get my car over the weekend, if I had known I would have got someone to tow it at the time, straight away! I will claim it all back though.

Your insurance company will pay for recovery and storage costs.

320d
Looks a bad one. Glad your ok. Hopefully you'll get a good payout for it, unfortunately the prices recently aren't great.