ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Safeguarded my car!! :) few pics off its last proper wash before the winter

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
looked a nice day, after going bmw with the old man to get his x6 serviced the manager was saying my car was so dirty and gave me a safeguarding paint protection kit worth over £150 apparently for nothing the out come is amazing! paint came up so well! just need full colour code down now and the lowering, hope the pics are okay there off my phone lol... please excuse the ride height for now :0 rolling 4x4 style i know!! haha

also what you think to silver mirrors to match the handle?

IMG_1011.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1005.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1007.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1009.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1004.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1006.jpg
[/IMG]

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The car looks great but sadly the kit is worth about £30 and it's pants. They sell it to gullible customers who think it protects cars for years.

The Salesmen earn good commision on it. I think they charge it out at random costs. £200/250/300/350.

My aunt had it offered to her recently. New Fiesta £400. My Uncle laughed and said if the guy lied to them again he would buy his car elsewhere. Tool

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
thanks, lol ooh so he told us the retail price.. yeh i remembered when i brought a new astra 2 years ago they offered it me i was like nehhh! but i paid £0 so cut complain at that lol now if i did pay for it id be pissed haha

Z4 Coupe
The car looks good mate but like gally said, the stuff really isnt anything to write home about.

My mum has just bought a new corsa LTD. Vauxhall wanted to sell her a 'DiamondBrite' kit for £400!!! I said no way, so he said ok... how about £199 LOL! We still said no way and came away with out it.

The car is now booked in for a 'Winter Protection Detail' being done by Jim White of Whites Details. Im sure many on here will agree, his work is incredible for the prices he charges. He also did my Racing Blue 182 earlier in the year, awesome!

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
fair, I'm not big on detailing/cleaning I've used polish etc now and again.. I'm not saying its the best stuff but when its free and so easy to use i can't complain..

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What is this stuff ? I've seen it sold to gullible folk.. one of my friends has it on his 3 year old car, and is therefore adamant it doesn't need cleaning properly (i.e.: detailing) as this magical Jedi coating repels dirt.

(insert facepalm here)

I'm assuming it's a sealant coat which lasts about a month ?! No better than going to Halfords and buying a bottle of EGP and pouring it over the bodywork...?

Honda & VW
Chatting to my mechanic mate the other day in the pub and this 'Safeguard' kit popped up, he told me the cost of the kit compared to what they flog it for.
What agrevated me was the cost they charge to apply it, i told him that if only he could send half the customers that agree to have it done to me then i would do it properly for them at a fraction of the cost. I'd make decent money thats for sure as so many people as so daft when buying from a dealer, they opt for this Safeguard and go off thinking their new car is going to be fine for many many years and that a simply bucket and sponge is all the car will need.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
depending where you live I would wait until after the winter to lower it otherwise your splitter will be mainly used as a snowplough :( trust me I know

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
LOL thats a fair point dude! i wish i had waited to after summer to change the alloys with minter around the corner.... :/

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
wow cheers man! that does look smart as f**k :D i like it, would look nice that with the black projectors aswel ;)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What is this stuff ? I've seen it sold to gullible folk.. one of my friends has it on his 3 year old car, and is therefore adamant it doesn't need cleaning properly (i.e.: detailing) as this magical Jedi coating repels dirt.

(insert facepalm here)

I'm assuming it's a sealant coat which lasts about a month ?! No better than going to Halfords and buying a bottle of EGP and pouring it over the bodywork...?

So, what is this stuff ?! Anyone actually know ?

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
pretty much i got this sponge with two different textures on either side instructions pierce the yellow side 3 time and dampen sponge, rub on car leave to haze and lean of with cloth.. job done then you can add polish on top of ur choice and u get alloy and fabric cleaner the fabric cleaner makes liquid turns into beads so it can't settle on the material good stuff personally. but i wouldn't pay for it lol correction - wouldn't pay what they charge to put it on, if it was £19 like some people say which seems bit cheap then i would.

Clio 1.2 TCE 08
well I'm not to sure exactly what it is... but if all car dealers use it, even if they are skunking F**kers must be something good. outcome is good so... :eek: