ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Said goodbye to Cup....

Well, after 7 months of 172 Cup ownership, it was time to move onto other things.

Traded my Cup in for £9500 against an S2000, which I suppose is a bit of a result for the dealer, as I paid £12800 for it new, and it only had 9000 miles on it!! oh well....

Love the S2000!!! its everything I hoped for in a car and more. Test drove a 350Z, which is cool, but not as much fun, and also looked at an RX8, but wasnt hugely impressed, just didnt appeal to me.

I know they arent the fastest thing out there, but for me theres so much more to a car than outright speed, its more about the fun and sheer experience of a car, and the S2k has that in bucket loads, a proper purpose built sports car.

Really rated the Cup, top little hatchback, and provided a good stint of cost effective motoring to enable me to move onto bigger and better things. I could really push the Cup in pretty much all conditions, whereas its going to take a while before I use the S2k in anger, so if you see a slow moving S2k going along, definitely race it!! as I guarentee youll beat me :oops:

If anyone comes accross GD03Y*L, be sure to buy it, I warmed it up before any hard use every time I drove it, cooled it down after, always kept oil topped up, and it also had very few rattles, so youd be getting yourself a good one.

Now just have to wait for lots of sunshine :D

Lol, cheers, ill get some pics up soon as I have some.

Its Nurburgring blue, with matching interior and dash, really stood out amongst the colours, althou wouldnt have minded a black with red/black interior either

Basically identical to this one, but with the steering wheel on the right of course:

http://www.hondapl.org/s2000/2002/_PV_1100.jpg

Think the salesman knew he had me sold when halfway through the test drive, we dropped the top, and when going past these girls they shouted "hey, come back!!", that was about it really, car was sold :D

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Quote: Originally posted by SideShowBob on 03 April 2004

Think the salesman knew he had me sold when halfway through the test drive, we dropped the top, and when going past these girls they shouted "hey, come back!!", that was about it really, car was sold :D
hehe! niceone, thing is he will pay them girls a small fee ;) sales tricks

just joking :)