ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Bordeaux 32"

Set up mine today very pleased....Looks awesome

Im finding the image quality through sky not too great though a little blocky/blurry....Ive set the option within sky to RGB and it gets worse...Im using a decent scart aswell.

Through normal tv and IDTV the picture qualitys fine...Its just through sky but because this is my main source its bugging me.

Could this quailty be improved at all?....say with a different sky box or is there nothing that can make it any better?

Any ideas guys

Thanks

Unfortunately, you'll find SD sky or digital cable (SD) looks blocky on most HD tv's as the source is very poor and compressed. This is showing more on the HD LCD simply as it picks out all the various imperfections in the image a lot more than your old CRT used to, and Sky and cable run very low quality signals on SD. No where near even freeview or SD DVD.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
J273 have you set sky upto "component" instead of RGB...my image quality is better that way even when through the scart!!

you could run it through component...??

i love mine :p

how do you find your freeview ... is it slow?

get some pics up :D

Hmm ive just got a scart plugged into Scart 1 on the TV(RGB)

how do i set it up through component?

Also have you seen the thread over on AVforums ( http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458910 ) about Bad panels with these samsungs....Apparently the CM03 models a bad panel not so good quality

Mines a CMO3:mad: its on a little sticker on the right side of the screen...

Anyone else have a CM03 panel with any picture problems ?

Heres a few piccy's...well 1 as the others didnt turn out too good

Attachments

• DSCN0933 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0933 (Small).JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
  Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i'm in bed now man and tv is down stairs...i'll have a gander in the morning and report back!

at the moment mine is hooked up to the xbox via composite and cable tv box via scart. i have no aerial plugged into it so havent viewed freeview or normal tv yet but i cant complain!!

Cooper S JCW
Recieved mine on friday too. Just waiting on the bracket and then I will set it up hopefully without any problems!

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Hmmm just hooked mine up to my 360 quality dont seem to great to me with the componant:dapprove:

How have you guys got yours setup?

1080i

Last edited:
  Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
1080i yep...my quality on xbox360 is awesome. just been playing fight night round 3 and it looks awesome!!.

mine doesn'y say cm03 anywhere on it :eek:

<3 upsclaling as well on to it..!!

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
1080i yep...my quality on xbox360 is awesome. just been playing fight night round 3 and it looks awesome!!.

mine doesn'y say cm03 anywhere on it :eek:

<3 upsclaling as well on to it..!!

As your looking at the screen there a label on the bottom right corner at the back

with

Model code
Serial
Version

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Anyone else with a CM03 panel?.....whats your quality like

Ive heard its a lottery as to which you get.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
to find the proper info you put the tv in standby and press INFO, MENU, MUTE, POWER then its option 2 which tells you all the info there

dont adjust anything though as it can invalidate your warrenty ...I think

I think im just a little paranoid after seeing that thread over on avforums

Cooper S JCW
Please don't shoot me down for asking this but if the little red light is still on on the front of this tv is it in Stand-By mode? will this still be drawing power? if so how can you switch it off completely without unplugging?

Waits against the firing squad wall?!?!?

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Munchkin - yeah red light means standbuy and it will still be drawing power but not sure how much. no way to "turn it off proprerly" without unplugging!!

D

deadonkey

Ive got the CM03 screen. Looks great to me.
It did however never look right with my xbox 360 through the componant connection or whatever them plugs are called.
Doesnt bother me tho looks great through HDMI (PS3)

I take it you guys have tried the 'game' setting on the TV, which was designed specifically for the 360? (which is why all the 360 stands use Samsung tvs).

I've got my 360 hooked up via component and it looks stunning.

Dunno, but I think it does a little more than just the colour. The only component source I have is the 360 so cant compare it via another source (and I dont think you can use the game mode on the scart / rgb channels?).

Mondeo ST TDci
to find the proper info you put the tv in standby and press INFO, MENU, MUTE, POWER then its option 2 which tells you all the info there

dont adjust anything though as it can invalidate your warrenty ...I think

I think im just a little paranoid after seeing that thread over on avforums

you got a direct link to the topic mate?

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i bashed mine on the game setting last night and it just seemed to make the blacks blacker.

on test drive unlimted the graphics are rubish on the first 2 outside the car views but the the rest the grpahcis look awesome

i have just purchased this, i did get it from Currys store at £699 and was just waiting for it to arrive when i was searching google and Dixons came up at £562, i tried to the Currys to price match and they wouldnt even tho they are the same company. Random. So order cancelled and bought it last night, should arrive thursday but might try to get a cancellation.

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/739566

Its newer than the R7 series and has 3 HDMI ports :D

i bashed mine on the game setting last night and it just seemed to make the blacks blacker.

on test drive unlimted the graphics are rubish on the first 2 outside the car views but the the rest the grpahcis look awesome

Graphics are rubbish? What you on about, they're all awesome! Well, maybe not awesome - the 360 can certainly do better, as they rushed it for the release date (theres no anti-ailising so you might see the odd jagged edge) but the outside views are some of the best!

Last edited:
  Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
yeah its the jagged edges that piss me off :(

after playing xbox for ages then watching normal terestrial tv - that pisses me off!

life should be HD

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182