ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy Camera

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
Has anyone got one or had a play with one before. I was at a concert the other day and the chap sitting in front of me had one of these. The screen on these things are phenomenal. He was recording the song with his 21x optical zoom used to the max and it was just unbelievable quality. Samsung says its full HD recordings and I can believe it.

The other bright side is that it has Jelly Bean installed which means you can do everything a phone can (including texts etc) but not calls. So it could be an ideal travel companion with access to maps, games and emails. Connectivity is via 3G and Wifi.

Sounds good and if the image quality is not too bad, I might invest in one when I don't want to take the DSLR out. 300 notes on Amazon at the moment so could be a good buy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009K27FMK/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
A guy in work was looking at them recently. I think he told me about deal that included £50 cash back and a Galaxy tab 2 (or whatever tablet they do). may have been through PC world, not 100% sure though.

Sounds like a good deal. He didn't go for it in the end though (didn't get any camera)

I did have a look at one before Jessops went bust when I was waiting for a friend to be served and they do look good for a travel camera. I didn't look at the Android features, just the picture quality.

I would say no, its just a camera phone with a zoom that can't make calls.

Its likely you'd end up carrying two smart phones (duplicating maps, email etc) but one with a 'zoom' and one with a 'prime' both giving quality second only to a heavily cropped out of focus cheap compact camera :eek:

I was an iPhone user since day 1. Then in February, I played on my friends Galaxy Note 2.

Less than a week later, I bought one.

Such an amazing phone and the camera is superb! Probably the best phone camera I've ever had.

To be honest, the phone is so overwhelmingly good, the camera is one of the lesser features! ;)

This is mine with a bespoke skin to make it uber mininmal (very me).

8536670060_98d295a023_z.png

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Love it. If you make the move, I doubt you'll regret it.