ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 c**k Up

394E0D0E00000578-3832509-image-m-43_1476195054339.jpg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
As others have said. I don't think you would be happy to move to iOS if your perfect idea of a phone was the Note 7.

Samsung have made it easy for me. Pixel XL pre-ordered.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Imagine if the Note fiasco was orchestrared by Google to clear the field for the flagship battle to be iPhone vs Pixel.

Have the people saying "wtf is pixel" not heard of Google? (That wasn't meant to be a joke)

Listerine & Poledo
No, just that not everyone cares enough to be up to speed on all the latest releases.

Last time I cared, Google phones were "Nexus".

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
The pixel is the only non apple phone thats seriously made me think about converting. The supply a cable in the box which lets you transfer all your imessages and contacts etc across painlessly.

Listerine & Poledo
The pixel is the only non apple phone thats seriously made me think about converting. The supply a cable in the box which lets you transfer all your imessages and contacts etc across painlessly.
Can you connect to it directly to non-wireless audio devices?

BMW M4; S1000 RR

That is a very good addition isn't it. Until recently I was exclusively iOS. But having tried Android I love it. Given up my Apple Watch, Apple Music and iPhone. Only tricky thing is finding a phone that has high build quality and reliability. Samsung is not that. I'm hoping Google proper is though.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
That is a very good addition isn't it. Until recently I was exclusively iOS. But having tried Android I love it. Given up my Apple Watch, Apple Music and iPhone. Only tricky thing is finding a phone that has high build quality and reliability. Samsung is not that. I'm hoping Google proper is though.
it does look like itd tick all your boxes. The build is MUCH better, thats half the reason its so expensive. And the screen on the + model is amazing.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I picked up some kind of Nokia the other month and it was awful. Would not recommend.

Probably because they sold their phone business to Microsoft a couple of years ago.
Microsoft licenced the name, but generally phased it out, Nokia now plan to licence the name to some no-name Chinese phone maker and get into the market of 'landfill android'

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Only tricky thing is finding a phone that has high build quality and reliability. Samsung is not that.

What like the iphone 6 that would bend if you put it in your pocket?
or the iphone 5 with a s**t aerial that lost connection when your hand got in the way?

Apple are 'known for their build quality' but only on every-other-year models when they've had the chance to sort out all the issues.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Apple vs Google is bizarre. People treat it like football teams "yeah I have an iPhone because my dad did. Apple till I die" etc.

They're both brilliant platforms, which is why they've decimated all others.

Quality wise there's nothing in it with the decent handsets, perceived quality is better with Apple (they 'feel' sturdier etc)

Software wise, don't recall having any issues with android updates. Every single Apple update seems to have some issue (security etc) that needs resolving.

Samsung have fucked it up big style. Shame, as the other handsets they make are very good. Baffling that they can't fix the problem?