ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 or Sony Ericcson Arc

Mito Sportiva 135
Thanks mate. I tried adding the email through adding account within contacts and it says "No connectors available - please contact your carrier".

Is there something else I need to do?

Snotter's
maybe there are some network differences? my phone was from o2 but im using a t mobile sim card.

Try it via the email icon in apps that should work, also did you setup the gmail account? ive now got hotmail as my pop account.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh setup Gmail fine mate, Hotmail is the issue...might call them and threaten to cancel my contract, not paying £5 a month for Hotmail!

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh...apparently! It's in my contract though apparently, who on earth would pay it though?!? These phone companies have so many extra costs now it's a joke.

Mito Sportiva 135
Sorry Sorob...silly question but how do you copy music onto the S2? I've DL Kies onto my PC and copied all my music onto there, but how do I then move it onto my phone? Do I need to USB connect it or can it be done over internet or wifi? Can't seem to find the instructions for how to do it!

Mondeo diesel barge
I'm pretty sure Kies can transfer over wifi, but I've only ever used the usb cable as it'll be a lot quicker. If you can use the cable then go for that, the phone basically acts like a usb stick. I just copy all my music and put it in a folder on the phone, there is a media folder already on the phone.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok cool, I opened up Kies using the software on the phone/net and thought I could drag the tunes from Kies on my PC into the Kies on the browser, but it didn't work!

Same for films too then I assume?

Mondeo diesel barge
I haven't used Kies a lot, mainly using the phone as an external drive and dragging stuff across.

Yeah, the exact same for any file really. I've got a few HD videos now and a fair bit of music. I use poweramp for my music, I find it better than the stock player, also moboplayer for videos, two very good apps (poweramp has a free trial).

Mito Sportiva 135
Oh right so I can manage it all without Kies then, just through Windows explorer? That should be easier then if so!

What programme do you use to rip you files to PC then? Asked the same question in the other thread, a couple of suggesting in there (Handbrake and some others) - you use those?

Snotter's
ive just used kies,it allows you to browse files so its easy to upload, its quite good as you can select phone to pc and vice versa.

Mito Sportiva 135
Sohrob...once the files are copied from PC into Kies, how do I then transfer onto phone? I couldn't find the option to sync with phone via wireless or anything, do I need to use USB if I do it this way?

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh heard about that....once I've got the tunes installed will try it in my car as I've got a multifunction tunepoint so hopefully will work!

Snotter's
in kies when the phone is connected you should have a phone icon at the top left, click on it/the drop down then it takes you to a screen where you can choose to import/export music,pics,vids etc

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool, shame you can't connect via wifi though, but suppose USB would be quicker. Thanks mate.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Got the GS2 yesterday, great phone! Don't think I can think of anything I don't like about it yet!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
changed my desire hd for the GS2. Love it. only thing I miss is HTC sense as it is miles better than touchwiz but its nice that it doesnt hog up all the RAM

Mito Sportiva 135
You can DL a Sense like set of Apps from the market anyway...basically a Sense rip-off with more customisation, meant to be good.

Also get the Gravitron live wallpaper, it's wicked!

Mito Sportiva 135
Gravitron is a live wallpaper and just pretty cool to play around with, doesn't drain battery too badly either.

Bought ChromeMarks app which syncs all your Chrome apps from your pc onto your phone, and organised into folders. Means you don't need to store it all on your phone, really brilliant. Plus even if you don't use Chrome yet, you can setup your account and import your bookmarks from other browsers like IE.

Beautiful Widgets app is also cool but wish it added more skins to different programmes.

Overall though I would give the S2 a 9.5 out of 10 - so fast, so intelligent and zero glitches found for me so far.

VX220
Just picked up the Galaxy S2 as a replacement for my HTC Hero that i have had for ages. All i can say is WOW! Great piece of kit and im still finding more and more features.

Just moved from iPhone to the Galaxy S2, not sure if I have a lemon but I'm regretting it at the moment...

1) Fully charged by 9:30pm last night, shopped around on Android Market for about 45 minutes, played Grand Prix Story for 10 minutes, them messed around organising widgets for about 15 minutes. That done, I closed everything and set Juice Defender to aggressive. Wake up this morning and my battery is down to 46%, harsh. I've removed Live Wallpaper and only have two home pages with widgets (Weather and Facebook), everything is only set to update once an hour (5hrs later it's now down into the 30s even though I've not touched it all morning)

2) 10 minutes into GP Story and the rear of the phone (around the camera) was uncomfortably warm, bordering on hot. Certainly wouldn't have been holdable to my ear for more than a very short phone call after that.

3) Colour balance of the screen seems wrong, almost like a photo with iffy white balance (too cold), whites are nearer to blue and bright colours are luminous.

Lovely phone, but it seems a bit pointless to have all these wonderful live updates and widgets if it's going to barely scrape through a single day of not particuarly heavy use. Will be interesting to see how it does with 3 days at the Grand Prix next weekend. The iPhone wasn't exactly the Prius of phones but it would happily sit there on standby for days on end without needing to mess around with battery apps and constantly switching off Wifi etc.

Fiesta ST-2
Have a look at your battery stats, there was a WIFI sharing bug where it was eating up the battery. Also from my experience even though the CPU should be throttled and run at a speed required it tends to run at a top speed for most games. I've got Grand Prix story and I agree it eats the battery, but I turned my CPU down to 0.5ghz and it runs fine, doesn't get warm and battery last a lot longer, only problem is you need to root etc.

I removed the Minimalist Text weather widget as I noticed Maps was eating the majority of my battery. Much much better now, it's currently showing 2d 4hrs on battery and it's only down to 35%, the battery hogs on my status are now Android OS, Android System and Display, which is how it should be.