ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy S4

340i
Has anybody pre-ordered one or thinking about it?

Thoughts, opinions?

I am gettting a little, dare I say it... bored with my iPhone. :eek:

My partner bought an S3 last weekend and after using it I really like it!

work for BMW
do you realise how big the s4 will be .. very big! if your into that then thats okay. My advice get a google nexus 4. half the price and is on android as well, just a much cleaner more fluent version

Clio 182 trophy
waiting to hear if they cant do any deals as i can buy out my contract on orange ;) heard its not meant to bemuch different from the s3 apart from some 8band processer or something and a better camera

340i
waiting to hear if they cant do any deals as i can buy out my contract on orange ;) heard its not meant to bemuch different from the s3 apart from some 8band processer or something and a better camera

Kinda...

it's an Octa-core 1.6Ghz CPU the U.S are getting.

U.K models get a quad core 1.9Ghz CPU.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'd say nexus 4 happily, but no idea when that is due for update now as it's been around for 6 months odd.

Changes to often
I work in a phone shop and gone off Samsung abit, just can't get on with how cheap they feel

Bought my self the new HTC one the other day and it's easily the best phone I've ever used and held, i was torn between that and the xperia z but the sound quality really sold it to me it's brilliant. 2 front facing stereo speakers with dedicated amplifiers, its awesone

The build quality is second to none, great camera, 4 ultra pixel, and the screen is stunning, 468ppi.

Don't just get sucked into the Samsung hype, there are other phones that are just as good if not better in certain areas than the s4.

Last edited:

n2x

e60/f10
I work in a phone shop and gone off Samsung abit, just can't get on with how cheap they feel

Bought my self the new HTC one the other day and it's easily the best phone I've ever used and held, i was torn between that and the xperia z but the sound quality really sold it to me it's brilliant. 2 front facing stereo speakers with dedicated amplifiers, its awesone

The build quality is second to none, great camera, 4 ultra pixel, and the screen is stunning, 468ppi.

Don't just get sucked into the Samsung hype, there are other phones that are just as good if not better in certain areas than the s4.

I have an S2 and "cheap feel" is the last thing i would say to describe the thing. Might be biased though :boring: Looks million times better than any iPhone tbh.

Changes to often
Well we have a samsung rep that comes into store every few days and she said it feels like the s3 just a bit more square on the side, i though that alloy strip round the edge was real but it's plastic.

Don't get me wrong the phone sounds awesome but i like a quality feel to my phones too.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I got rid of my Iphone and went for a S3, love the camera but hate everything else! It all seems over complicated and winds me up no end, and Samsung seem to have made it deliberately impossible to txt unless you stare at the screen without blinking.

BMW M135i
I've just ordered a HTC One to replace my iphone 4, hopefully won't regret it. My old man has a SIII but I just couldn't 100% get on with it, couldn't put my finger on why. That and i'm impatient and waiting into May at the earliest for an S4 wasn't really my idea of doable.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I've given my S3 5 months chance and I still can't get on with it, fingers crossed Apple will bring out a new iPhone this year, not a recycled one again.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Wish i had waited for this instead of my S3. Although fancy phones don't really interest me anymore, Vodafone are offering this on 12 month contracts :(.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
This. I've had an iPhone since 2007 and got my first Android phone yesterday. I'll defiantly be going back when the next version is released.

I found Android a bit strange when I first jumped from iOS but it now seems logical to me and I often find myself frustrated when using the iPad (must ditch that soon and go droid).

Currently have a Note2 and can't say a single bad word against it, its build quality or GUI. Yes its plastic but it really doesn't alter how I feel about the device. I fancied buying the HTC One myself but im a little concerned about HTC's historic poor battery life so want to see how real people get on and rate them (plus when I saw it cost the same as an iPhone5 sim free I thought sod that I'll wait a bit longer). Deffo not going for an S4 though.

derv biege barge
I got HTC one and is much better than my mates s3. Metal case feels quality on HTC compared to Samsung. HTC is louder and twice as fast according to benchmarks. Well happy with it.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I found Android a bit strange when I first jumped from iOS but it now seems logical to me and I often find myself frustrated when using the iPad (must ditch that soon and go droid).

Currently have a Note2 and can't say a single bad word against it, its build quality or GUI. Yes its plastic but it really doesn't alter how I feel about the device. I fancied buying the HTC One myself but im a little concerned about HTC's historic poor battery life so want to see how real people get on and rate them (plus when I saw it cost the same as an iPhone5 sim free I thought sod that I'll wait a bit longer). Deffo not going for an S4 though.

Gotten a little more used to it the last few days and there are some nice little feature, I just find it overly complicated when it really doesn't need to be. I also find all the apps really cheap looking in comparison. I can still see myself going back when the times right.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Went looking at the Samsung's at the local O2 store on Saturday. Looks ok and I've had a go on my mum's new S3 Mini. But there's something I just can't get used to on Android phones - and I can't put my finger on it. I've had an uber-reliable iPhone 3GS for well over three years now and I'm definitely leaning towards upgrading it to a 5.

I don't know if it's the simplicity or the presentation of the iOS that I like - but it's definitely leagues ahead of Android, imo.

D.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I pre-ordered one today after returning my Lumia 920. Hope the S4 is better than that god awful thing!

wjb

Clio 1.4 16v
Looking forward to it, but still a little bit cautious about the s4.

Ive got an s2, had it almost 2 years now and it's the best phone ive had by far.

Thing is, my missus has an s3, and I've had to replace the screen twice since august due to it cracking, and she looks after it a lot better than I do, I've dropped my s2 loads and it's never got cracked.

Hope the s4 doesn't have same screen design as the s3 or it won't last 10 seconds in my clumsy hands.

Anyone else had issues with the s3 screen?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I had a play with an actual S4 in my local Phones4U store on Wednesday and I'm sold on it over the HTC One now. Some minor tweeks to icons but on the whole what you have now on the S3 is what you'll get on the S4.

I'm currently contract free with a Note2 and am kinda waiting/hoping that the Note3 has the same screen because its awesome on the S4... if not, the S4 is being purchased around August.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mine's dude to arrive next week.

Anyone else ordered one?

Not just yet no, I'm waiting until August hoping to have a release date for the Note3. I love my Note2 but if the screen is anything like the S4 I'm gonna wait. If not, the S4 is being purchased (I've also been advised that the S4 will be a fair bit cheaper to buy outright by 5his time to).

Clio 172
Picked up mine yesterday from O2 on their new "Refresh" contract which is an excellent idea!

I had the Samsung Galaxy Nexus before this and found that even though pure Android was great I liked the overlays of the other manufacturers and I also found that there wasn't any gain by getting a pure Android OS as OK the new updates came first to this phone, generally it was a bit s**t and janky until the .1 update came out which sorted all the niggles and by that point the other manufacturers had updated their overlays to the new version.

Oh and the pure Android messaging app is awful - and I don't want to use stupid GOSMS app or whatever.

You argue that you could use another ROM such as Cyanogenmod or whatever but even 18 months after having the first phone with Android 4 I'm still using "stable" releases of CM10 and not a final release - granted it's better than the pure Android, but even then I could install that ROM on other phones once supported, I don't just need a pure Android OS as a base.

The S4, I think, is brilliant. I'm an Apple fan, I love OSX, iOS etc I just feel that Apple is constantly holding back on putting new technology in their phones I had the 4 and my mate had the GNex and I just found that it was leaps and bounds ahead of my iPhone 4 - at the time there wasn't any 4s available etc.

The S4 is a great step up from the GNex - the bigger screen, the faster cores, the larger amount of RAM, the customisability of the OS is great down to being able to change the fonts in the system which filter through to app (you can change the default font in the system and it also changes it for facebook app for example).

Other bits are just really clever things, the scrolling with the eyes is great, air view (previewing messages and emails without opening them) and the connectivity with other Samsung devices is really good - I can imagine there is some sort of connectivity with Samsung Smart TV's which will be quite cool although I don't have one.

Great phone, admittedly not as well built as an iPhone, but the software is just way ahead of what Apple is offering at the moment - but I'm sure by the time they've brought out the iPhone 6s (yes the 6s because they need to keep up their revenue streams) Apple may have caught up.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Echo most of the above, got mine along side the iPhone 5 for work and much prefer the S4. Androids come along way.

Mito Sportiva 135
Joe - trying to antagonise people about phone brand/models come over as rather sad my friend.

ALL the reports I've read on the new S4, HTC One, Google Nexus 4 and even SE Experia Z position them above the current iPhone so it just makes you look a bit silly too.

2014 Focus Titanium
Joe - trying to antagonise people about phone brand/models come over as rather sad my friend.

ALL the reports I've read on the new S4, HTC One, Google Nexus 4 and even SE Experia Z position them above the current iPhone so it just makes you look a bit silly too.

Too true. Using an iphone nowadays it just feels dated. Anyway, back on topic! I'm looking into this O2 refresh thing for an S4 :)