ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy S4

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Went to get one yesterday. I felt Air Swipe required me to be a little too aggressive, and I couldnt get the eye contact thing to work every time. I love the way my 5 and iPad link up, so would need to sell up and buy a Galaxy 10.1" Tablet (not a huge issue, as they are very well priced)

I thought the screen was brilliant, and it was nowhere near as big and cumbersome as I expected it to be when in my hand. The camera was pretty good too.

Was impressed, but not sure if its enough to prise me out out of Apples strong hold?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Was impressed, but not sure if its enough to prise me out out of Apples strong hold?

Recently have this dilemma myself with a Nexus 4. I have had every model iPhone but just gave my 5 back and bought the Nexus. IMHO, I can't get on with Android. It's way to fussy, to much to mess with and things like needing to buy an app to get the screen to come on when I get a message annoy me, such a simple thing but it's been left out of the OS.
I'll be back to Apple when the release the next handset. Each to their own though.

Revels Mum & Sister
Same Dilemma here. I have an iPhone 5 but also am currently using the other halfs Nexus 4 as she just got the S4. I am enjoying it and loving the OS now I have it the way I want it. However I am still missing iOS for some reason......

I quite fancy a HTC One though

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
And also no Visual Voicemail. From memory those were 2 of my biggest gripes against the S3. Apart from that, I much preferred it to the iPhone I had.

I've had iPhones since the 3G came out then a couple of months of got a s3 had that for about 2 months and went and bought a iPhone 5!! I couldn't get on with it! Had stuff on it that I'd never use! Pointless if you ask me,
I wouldn't ever get one again... iPhone all the way for me!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm very tempted to do an early upgrade on Orange // EE and get an S4.

I currently have an iPhone 5 however really fancy a change however concerned that i'll miss the iPhone features such as iMessage, Facetime etc. I guess I could use Skype / Whatsapp and the like though.

Any other experiances of switching from iPhone 5 to the Galaxy S4?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
This is what I'm worried about! I'd like to try something new but feel I may regret it 6 months down the line ..!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I fancied a change too and that's why I specifically went for the Nexus 4. From £239 and that's outright. If I was tied in for two years i'd be devastated. I will be sticking with it until the 5s is released.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
The Ebay prices for the S4 are pretty high at the moment so can always sell and buy another iphone 5 I guess.

Decisions decisions!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Where would be the best/cheapest place to buy one? (sim free)
i had a bet with my misses and now need to get her an iPhone 5 so think I will buy an S4 and give her my 5!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Amazon seems to be the cheapest for these at the minute (that I trust) at £494 for the 16Gb but there are smaller places selling for just over £440.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I'll give you £300 for it :)

going to pop out in a bit (when lil man is asleep) and buy one, hopefully the little annoying bits from the s3 have been sorted..

Golf R/Leon FR
The Mrs got the S4 at the weekend, very impressive phone (both had iPhones for 3 years). Condisering getting one myself. It takes a while to get used to but is a far better phone than the iPhone 5.

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
I'm very tempted to do an early upgrade on Orange // EE and get an S4.

I currently have an iPhone 5 however really fancy a change however concerned that i'll miss the iPhone features such as iMessage, Facetime etc. I guess I could use Skype / Whatsapp and the like though.

Any other experiances of switching from iPhone 5 to the Galaxy S4?

I went from a iPhone 4S to a Galaxy S4... and I'd never go back to iPhone. Only thing I miss is the visual voicemail from the iPhone. I was apprehensive about changing, but I'm really pleased with my S4. The specification and features are above and beyond the iPhone.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just picked up a lovely new S4 - just waiting for my number to be ported across.

​Will report back with my opinion later!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I couldn't find my iphone backup so have spent 2 hours trying to find that. All sorted now, just trying to get my emails sorted first..

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
All of my iPhone back ups were in iCloud so I had to back up to my Mac first, was pretty easy.

Emails are a little different (to be honest it's the one thing I don't really like) compared to the iPhone but I'll get used to it I guess.

Tesla MP3 2021
Having used the S4 for a week nearly now I can safely say I prefer my iP5 and iOS.

Yes, there are some very nice features within Android but I just think there is "too" much.

I personally like what iOS is and the features it offers.

It's certainly very strange using the S4 all day for work and then picking the iP5 up later, it's like going from using a piece of toast to a KitKat lol.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm slowly being converted - I don't find that I use the phone as much now as I did with my iPhone - probably because I have no idea on what I'm doing!

I need to try and work out how to connect it to the BMW - I think it's just plug and play (unlike the iPhone where I need a Y-Cable).

It still feel's really strange though, I hope I'll stick with it but you never know ..!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
... and I'm going back to the iPhone 5 - after having it for a week now I really can't get my head round it!

Mick - are you interested before I put it on eBay?!