ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung - LE40C530 - 40" LCD TV

06 Clio 1.2
samsung are good it depends what you want it for.
Samsung are bad for games etc.
LG are great all round

i picked up a 32" LG LCD for £260, so god knows what you can buy for £350

samsung are good it depends what you want it for.
Samsung are bad for games etc.
LG are great all round

i picked up a 32" LG LCD for £260, so god knows what you can buy for £350

Why are they bad? Links to these articles?

I'm on my 3rd 50" Samsung Plasma, and gaming (360/PS3) has been great.

I've also got a 32" Samsung in the bedroom which is used for the Wii, no problems there.

Clio 200 Raider
I do my gaming on a 2ms monitor im a sucker for lag,which i notice a lot on big tvs.

Most big tvs are ok though i wouldnt say 1 brand are better than the other at the same price point though for gaming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ktec'd 1.2 16v Sport
I've got a LE40B550 and found it to be a great tv with excellent picture, once set up. I tried it against a LG and also a Panasonic in the store and found the Samsung had the best overall picture quality ,but lacked slightly on sound definition, not enough to bother me though. I have played Wii and PS2 on it and found no problems and have even linked it via HDMI to my pc for films etc.
some good info over on AVforums.com with plenty of model specific threads.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1246980-samsung-c530-owners-thread.html

hope this helps
Dale

What Samsungs has everyone got?

Ill be looking at getting the UE32C651 in the new year, its so thin!
Would be good to see what people think. Cant find many user reviews on it.

Eventually got the SAMSUNG LE40C580 and its superb! Looks like a much more expensive set!

Xbox runs like a dream, MW2 is a completely new game now! (coming from a CRT!)

Impressed that I can watch MP4, MKV and AVI files (amongst others) straight from a memory stick too! Downloaded a film, stuck it on a USB stick and the picture was great!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I've got a LE40B550 and found it to be a great tv with excellent picture, once set up. I tried it against a LG and also a Panasonic in the store and found the Samsung had the best overall picture quality ,but lacked slightly on sound definition, not enough to bother me though. I have played Wii and PS2 on it and found no problems and have even linked it via HDMI to my pc for films etc.
some good info over on AVforums.com with plenty of model specific threads.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1246980-samsung-c530-owners-thread.html

hope this helps
Dale

I have the same set downstairs and its spot on as you say. Sound isnt all that but you wont find many LCD's with decent sound now days. Ive got a 5 year old sammy 32" upstairs and its still going strong and used for HD content a fair bit.

Nothing wrong with Sammy's and gaming

VW Passat
I agree that Panasonic and Pioneer are top of the line, but their prices are at the top as well. I bought a UMC 40 inch LCD TV from tesco a few months ago, UMC brand and think it's brilliant. Works great with my PS3 and to be honest have no complaints whatsoever (except now I wish I had a bigger living room). I paid £349 for it (retail price was £499) and unless you're extremely 'observant' and really know your tech stuff (which I don't), I wouldn't worry about getting a Pioneer or Panasonic - you can get 2 -3 of these screens for the same price :)

clio and bmw
I bought the LE40C530 in December just before xmas, and I cant fault it. If your going to buy a TV I would always say go for samung, the sheer quality is something else. Some one mentioned there was no actual review site, there are plenty

try this one: http://le40c530.org