ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa Pod - Clio 172 1/4 Mile Times

Clio 172 sport
Yo,

Im up Santa Pod tomorrow for 'Run What Ya Brung'

What times have you guys had for the 1/4 mile? I have a clio 172 Ph 1

Questions:

Will taking my back seats and subwoofer out make an impact on my time?

Will super unleaded make a difference? What kind of fuel does the Clio 172 run best with?

Any suggestions on things that would help me get a better time - I have a bet on to beat my friend so hope you can help

Thanks,

Jake

BMW E92/Audi S3
Yo,

Im up Santa Pod tomorrow for 'Run What Ya Brung'

What times have you guys had for the 1/4 mile? I have a clio 172 Ph 1

Questions:

Will taking my back seats and subwoofer out make an impact on my time?

Will super unleaded make a difference? What kind of fuel does the Clio 172 run best with?

Any suggestions on things that would help me get a better time - I have a bet on to beat my friend so hope you can help

Thanks,

Jake

By far!

No clue

Ph1
You should 'ideally' be running your motor on Super unleaded regardless of 1/4 action. Check your filler cap ;)

higher octane fuel will give more power but nothing you will notice.

easiest way to increase power to weight ratio is to strip the car.

what car does you mate have

what is the spec of the pinto? is it tuned? they aint very powerfull as standard, altho his car will weigh less than yours.

dnt forget to check your rear tyre pressure too, and as said dnt lower the front tyres too much. strip out as much as you can, spare wheel, seats etc
then u need to perfect your launch as that will have a bit impact on your time. you dont wanna sit there lighting up your tyres lol

Clio 172 sport
what is the spec of the pinto? is it tuned? they aint very powerfull as standard, altho his car will weigh less than yours.

dnt forget to check your rear tyre pressure too, and as said dnt lower the front tyres too much. strip out as much as you can, spare wheel, seats etc
then u need to perfect your launch as that will have a bit impact on your time. you dont wanna sit there lighting up your tyres lol

Whys that i was going 2 give it a little spin to heat the tyres for grip lol

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i always lower my tyre pressures when at pod, run the fronts at about 18psi helps loads with traction. handbrake burnout is good aswell mate gets loads of heat into the front tyres, get them smoking. get rid of any weight thats possible and run with as little petrol as possible, red light on works good for me lol and turn of traction control if you have/can ?

Whys that i was going 2 give it a little spin to heat the tyres for grip lol

yeah you do before you run to heat your tyres, but not when you actually do your timed run. might be fun wheel spinning but its not fast lol

182 Cup
Best I managed on a stinking hot day in my 182 was 15.077. Had the front tyres at 20psi and dumped the clutch at some point around 4-4.5k rpm. Your launch will depend on how much sympathy you have for your car! Good luck! It's fun!

RB 182 cup
ive found your best off feeding the power in wth a little bit of clutch slip rather than just dumping the clutch as that tends to induce wheel spin and once you start spinning you've wasted the run really.

i must have done over 200 runs in my old corsa's havent tried my clio yet but im guessing in a low 15, not gunna be know where near my corsa's best of 13.8