ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sat here on my new itouch

LY 182 FF CUPPED
sat here browsing the forum using my new itouch that Santa got me.
What a toy!
Wifi was a breeze to set up.
if you don't yet own one get one !

Got one of these bad boys as well, is there anything available so you can transfer photos directly to it from an SD card?

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Yea transfer them to your pc first then put them on it? :S

Its a great bit of kit love mine, virtually like a mini mac

LY 182 FF CUPPED
been playing with Handbrake all day.....managed to get a film down to 755mb....which is pretty good......and the quality is awesome.

I've been playing iPhysics on the iphone and it really is quite addictive. Initially it can seem a bit of a 5 minute wonder, but it's very clever and makes great use of the touch screen :) The only downside, for me, was that I ended up with about 900 level packs installed :D

Yea transfer them to your pc first then put them on it? :S

I'm thinking more of when I'm out at a racing circuit or on holiday and I want to back up my pics. I currently have a 40GB Epson Picture Viewer but if there is an SD adaptor for the Touch then I can sell that on.

You'd need something with wifi I guess and transfer them that way.

Pocket size external HD, plug that into the camera and then wifi to the touch! Nice and simple! lol

Sounds easy ;)

Mine arrived this morning, amazing. I prepped iTunes yesterday with all the music/photos/podcasts/videos I wanted on it, plugged it in this morning and 15 minutes later it was all on my iPod and good to go. So easy and the touch screen is absolute genius.

Downloaded loads of National Geographic Video Podcasts and have been watching them for ages. Love it.

106 GTi
Apple did a lead to transfer images of cards and camera's directly to the older ipods, does not looks like on is available for the touch yet.

2001 A(wful)uthentique
Easy way to jailbreak is just visit; jailbreakme.com on safari browser.

Takes a few miutes and your away.

Mito Sportiva 135
Sounds easy ;)

Mine arrived this morning, amazing. I prepped iTunes yesterday with all the music/photos/podcasts/videos I wanted on it, plugged it in this morning and 15 minutes later it was all on my iPod and good to go. So easy and the touch screen is absolute genius.

Downloaded loads of National Geographic Video Podcasts and have been watching them for ages. Love it.

Didn't know they existed - will be getting some of these bad boys soon.

Speaking of which, any other decent podcasts around? The only ones I ever got were the original Gervais/Merchant/Pilkington ones and the Iain Lee ones. Obviously with the video capability now sure there must be something more interesting?

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I used to like him, but the whole cheeky northern chappy act is wearing a bit thin now. Sometimes I just want to punch his stupid fat face in! ;)

Is there any way to use US iTunes? Seems to be so much more content (i.e. movies, which we just have a placeholder for), I guess they don't allow it though.

As for video podcasts, I've just got the two National Geographic ones so far (Video Shorts and Wild Chronicles) and also AlloCine for movie trailers, although they aren't updated too often by the looks of things.

I'm sat using my iPod touch at the mo, love it! I've jailbroke it and got some games including that nes emulator but can u only put nes games on by going thru all the steps on the of pc?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sat using my iPod touch at the mo, love it! I've jailbroke it and got some games including that nes emulator but can u only put nes games on by going thru all the steps on the of pc?

No. All of the applications i have installed on my ipod touch, were done without a PC [all done on the touch itself] including all the old NES games, iphone apps, i physics etc...

IIRC you do need to go through a PC to install the GBA [Game boy advance roms] though.

Audi TT 225
If I jailbreak my iPhone will it f**k it up when I update to a new version? I'm using a legit o2 iphone contract so don't need to unlock it just wanna install games on it..

106 GTi
At worst you may lose the applications you have added when the 1.1.3 update is released.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Until 1.1.3 is released then there is no guarantee what will happen, I'd recommend you don't rush to install any new update until you read comments online from those who have.

Worst case scenario is that you perform a restore via iTunes and it will return your iPhone to standard.

My iPhone was Jailbroken but I returned it to standard soon afterwards.

Apple are releasing the SDK to developers for the iPhone and iPod Touch at the beginning of February apparently, so by March I imagine we will be seeing many of the apps available via the jailbreak without having to actually jailbreak.