ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saw a 172 bonnet flip today.

I know its been talked about to death and most people are probably very well aware of it but I saw one first hand today so thought its got to be worth a post to remind people to always give there bonnet a good tug to check its shut.

Driving along (down St Marys way in Stockport) the van in front of me dodged around a car with hazards on, it was a very clean looking silver Ph2 172, bonnet was up, wondered what the problem could be....

as I passed the bonnet was more than up, screen and roof totalled and a miffed looking driver sat inside.

If it was anyone on here, you have my sympathy.

Golf GTD Mk7
Can't remember if I had mine checked, or was it only ph1 Clio? Would you ring up, provide reg and they would let you know?

BMW 535d
Yeah its all MK2 clios. i had a service when i first got mine and they done it for me without even asking because they can be that bad. Get it done asap to avoid a nasty accident. Plus you get a nice shiny bonnet catch.