ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

schrick with fbw

throttle bodied mk2 172
can schrick or wildist sport catcam use with fbw throttle body?(with remap of course)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
in english.

The std ECU will run mod'd cam's to a certain degree. But you normally need omex 600 or such like.

Spk to BenR and Fred.

throttle bodied mk2 172
Ali said:
in english.

The std ECU will run mod'd cam's to a certain degree. But you normally need omex 600 or such like.

Spk to BenR and Fred.
you dont need omex for schrick.smt 6,unichip or reflash ecu should be enough.i am talking about fast road cams not rally..

2005 Nissan Navara
the problem with higher spec cams is the over-lap interferes with the MAP reading casuing fuelling issues low down...rough idling. so as long as the duration isnt great enough to cause this problem, then a remap of the std ecu would be ok.

throttle bodied mk2 172
stan* said:
the problem with higher spec cams is the over-lap interferes with the MAP reading casuing fuelling issues low down...rough idling. so as long as the duration isnt great enough to cause this problem, then a remap of the std ecu would be ok.
stan if the car was mk1 with cable throttle ok but the question is fbw.check the modified clios in the forum;i didnt see any clio with fbw using schrick or 275/267 catcam.(sorry about my poor english)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
what is fbw? lol.

I don't think anyone on here has cams and a std ecu.

The mk1 boys do, but the duration od the cam is somewhat less advanced.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
oh...ok. MarkM has an enlarged TB and other bits and pieces. PM him. I know he has Cable throttle too.

2005 Nissan Navara
Ali said:
what is fbw? lol.

I don't think anyone on here has cams and a std ecu.

The mk1 boys do, but the duration od the cam is somewhat less advanced.

do you mean less duration? or less timing advance? or something else? lol

And most of the mk2's with cams are still on MAP set-up...so will still encounter the same problems, regardles off ecu type/make/"group"!

The reason the cammed mk2's you have seen do not use the standard ecu is because of the cable throttle setups that use the throttle position sensor for mapping rather then idle problems with wild cams.

There is not a cable throttle conversion available at the minute without useing a standalone ecu. I dont think mk1 172 ecus are compatible with later 172/182s.

This conversion uses standard ecu reflash and cams but is not cable throttle

http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=76320

MarkM said:
The reason the cammed mk2's you have seen do not use the standard ecu is because of the cable throttle setups that use the throttle position sensor for mapping rather then idle problems with wild cams.

There is not a cable throttle conversion available at the minute without useing a standalone ecu. I dont think mk1 172 ecus are compatible with later 172/182s.
The pin outs for the ECU are different plus the phase1 doesn't use a UCH which is involved with the startup. If someone can sort the ECu maps into the phase2 ECu then the wiring looms can easily be sorted and yu'd just need a phase1 throttle body and peal. I'm interested how Nick sorted this though as there a few ways round it ie using stck ECU/fiddling with the wires on stock ECU/fiddling with wires on Mk1 ECU/using a Mk1 ECU.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
edde said:
The pin outs for the ECU are different plus the phase1 doesn't use a UCH which is involved with the startup. If someone can sort the ECu maps into the phase2 ECu then the wiring looms can easily be sorted and yu'd just need a phase1 throttle body and peal. I'm interested how Nick sorted this though as there a few ways round it ie using stck ECU/fiddling with the wires on stock ECU/fiddling with wires on Mk1 ECU/using a Mk1 ECU.
i think thers only one way mate

ahmet said:
stan if the car was mk1 with cable throttle ok but the question is fbw.check the modified clios in the forum;i didnt see any clio with fbw using schrick or 275/267 catcam.(sorry about my poor english)

no, nobody runs any cam with any decent overlap values, because fbw will not support fluctuating map signals.

I explained it to you before already, the car WILL stall if running the stock idle strategy, this means piggy back systems and simple fueling/ignition remaps.

throttle bodied mk2 172
BenR said:
no, nobody runs any cam with any decent overlap values, because fbw will not support fluctuating map signals.

I explained it to you before already, the car WILL stall if running the stock idle strategy, this means piggy back systems and simple fueling/ignition remaps.
so what kind of cam we can use with fbw and piggyback remapping?for example i have dastek unichip with fbw on my mk2 172.i want to keep unichip,so what is my cam choice?pls give example and we sort it out.

throttle bodied mk2 172
FredYozzasport said:
the FBW is fine with the schricks
this question is for you fred:can i use schrick with unichip?(my car has fbw dont forget;) )

throttle bodied mk2 172
fred did you contact to clio lane his last post was 4 months ago.what happen to him mate ,did he blow the engine:)

ahmet said:
ben say no now you saying yes.i am gonna get crazy.

i said no to the wildest sport profile from cat, that will not run stable on FBW as i've explained numerous times before in your PM's. 2411 will not run stable.

throttle bodied mk2 172
yes i understand that but my real question was schrick as you see from the thread.isnt schrick wilder then 2411 catcam?

BenR said:
i said no to the wildest sport profile from cat, that will not run stable on FBW as i've explained numerous times before in your PM's. 2411 will not run stable.

I can prove.
My CatCam 5502411's idle is terrible. But it makes a good gain in hi rev.

ahmet said:
yes i understand that but my real question was schrick as you see from the thread.isnt schrick wilder then 2411 catcam?

Shrick and catcams are measured in a different way so you cannot compare the duration events.

throttle bodied mk2 172
BenR said:
Shrick and catcams are measured in a different way so you cannot compare the duration events.
so if schrick was a catcam what would be the duration ben?measure schrick the way catcam do pls...not:i am waitin for your new profile anyway;)

lol, you dont ask for a lot do you!...measure shrick cams.

I do not sell or use shricks so i have nothing to measure.

But on a wild guess, i'd put it inline with a 273 ish intake 260 ish exhaust, i cant really see them being any wilder otherwise they will have too much overlap and will not idle, but they do idle.

Unless they have some super slow ramps which do nothing for 10 degrees.

Focus ST
ahmet said:
so if schrick was a catcam what would be the duration ben?measure schrick the way catcam do pls...not:i am waitin for your new profile anyway;)

Ask Fred at YozzaSport, they do Schrick Cams....

throttle bodied mk2 172
so schrick idle properly with fbw...hmm thats interesting.so ben r is right schrick is not a real 288 degree cam isnt it fred?

throttle bodied mk2 172
look i dont try to be a smart arse but i want to know the truths like eveyone does.my problem is power with out headache.so if schrick gives power and idle properly no problem at all.when i said my mechanic in australia that schrick is 288-280 degree cam,he goes "are you crazy..i wont put that cam in unless you sign a paperwork that if something f***s up i am not responsable"anyway am going to tell him that its ok now.maybe he let me buy schrick.