ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scooby..toasted!

Quote: Originally posted by TB1 on 05 January 2003

Jonto, your correct there mate!

What i will say to add to that though is that a Uk STi7 with PPP is an extremely quick car (ie it is actually rated quicker by .1 of a second to 100 than the E46 M3).

There are less transmission losses and the new STis have semi close decked blocks, a 6 speed box which is very good and keeps the car in the rev range plus for a heavy car it will scare alot of cars out there that think they are quicker!

Tony

Quote: Originally posted by TB1 on 05 January 2003

Jonto, your correct there mate!

What i will say to add to that though is that a Uk STi7 with PPP is an extremely quick car (ie it is actually rated quicker by .1 of a second to 100 than the E46 M3).

There are less transmission losses and the new STis have semi close decked blocks, a 6 speed box which is very good and keeps the car in the rev range plus for a heavy car it will scare alot of cars out there that think they are quicker!

Tony

TB1 - Do you use scoobynet by any chance ? STI 7 has a suretrack diff is it ?

PPP is good for warranty but i would be tempted with a ecutek remap for the price.

What ya done to your scooby, and what scooby you got ?

My mates has a Scooby 2000 Turbo, had it rolling roaded and its producing around 220bhp @ fly approx. but as he told me after a bit of persuation that only works out at a rather laughable 130bhp @ wheels.

No wonder from a rolling start I leave him for dead. In the dry even from a standing start he doesnt stay infront for long.

What makes it so much more fun is the fact that before he got it he went on for ages about how he was going to waste me in it... Hes changed his tune now, and keeps on threatening me with a bigger turbo.

Jonto,

ive a classic shaped turbo with PPP and scoobymania downpipe (plus uprated alloys and brakes) running 15psi (263bhp and 243lbs of torque).

As for the PPP on the STi7 type UK, i wouldnt really go the way of ecutek on that, simply because the warranty is worth much more than a few hundred quid and 300bhp and 300lbs of torque is quite nice (plus you wouldnt really gain too much beyond that with an ecutek, maybe 5% more but for something you wouldnt really notice alot of the time...... Unless its a JDM STi7).

Tony