ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpian rs192 exhaust...

Hi Guys,

I've just bought a scorpian rs192 exhaust and fitted it with the help of my local garage. It sounds pretty sweet but no matter how much tweaking of the joints, mountings etc. it still won't sit in the centre of the bumper cut outs:

attachment.php

I was wondering if anyone else has bought this exhaust and has the same troubles or could suggest any solutions? I can only think that the angles of the pipes aren't exactly perfect (through bending or welding) and as such just won't sit right.

Any comments welcome, cheers!

Black Gold Trophy
None of the 182 exhausts sit 100% perfect, I've fitted 5 or 6 of them now and with a lot of effort they will sit close, but never perfect!

None :(
i had to cable tie mine :(

Infact the right tail needs re-doing, but its too cold to get down on the floor!

None :(
Infact, i only had to cable tie, cause i was a little too lazy to buy new mounts for the exhausts, tbh wish i wasn't so impatient at the time now!

cheers guys, i've got some new mounts on the way (only £9 each off ebay!) and with a bit of cable tie and hose modification hopefully my exhaust will no longer rattle against my bumper, so annoying atm!

Black Gold Trophy
got some of those mounts off ebay for the missus' cup, I swear the exhaust sits worse with those than it did with knackered renault ones!

Mondeo diesel barge
The left tailpipe on my scorpian was hanging lower than the right, so a socket and few cable ties in the mount and they were both level :)

Clio 182, CBR600RR
if u can get a bit of heat on the hangers on the exhaust u can bend them slightly 2 suit an then pack the rubbers with more rubber 2 get the final fit. I found that if u just use rubber 2 pack the mounts an u have 2 stress them a lot 2 get it in the correct position the rubber mounts perish much quicker. Fitted my 192 system the other week an it lines up almost spot on now just needs a tiny tweak now its all settled :)

Clio 182, CBR600RR
if u can get a bit of heat on the hangers on the exhaust u can bend them slightly 2 suit an then pack the rubbers with more rubber 2 get the final fit. I found that if u just use rubber 2 pack the mounts an u have 2 stress them a lot 2 get it in the correct position the rubber mounts perish much quicker. Fitted my 192 system the other week an it lines up almost spot on now just needs a tiny tweak now its all settled :)