ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scorpion fitted!

just managed to get my scorpion cat-back exhaust fitted!before going away,nice deep burble on idle,not too much louder on full acceleration,hardly noticeable at steady motorway speeds!,got rid of the annoying as fk 4k buzz yipee!!.

downside,if your in too low a gear i.e 30 mph in 4th and floor it,,bloody hell whrummmm very deep,very loud,same if on motorway say 80 in 5th and floor it!.gradual acceleration fine.all the above was done with no stereo on with music on not so bad,also drove straight off when fitted so sealant prob not set fully,and i presume once it gets driven it will deaden down a bit!

looks ace

Ad

MK2 FRS

Any pics, 4k rattle is really annoying me and its been 3 times after replacement. Did you pay £249?? Is that stainless???

yeah £249! stainless steel,sounds better now sealant has set not so boomy,superb would reccomend.

larkspeed.com is the place i bought it from,they had one in stock at the shop so saved myself £7 delivery,equivalent magnex was another £90 (but did have twin exits) janspeed about another £30.

Ad

MK2 FRS

I like the fact that its stainless and thats really good value. not sure bout the single exit though. Any regrets. Looks ok on there web page. Really want a DTM style like the remus rally design.

i had a scorpion system on an XR3i once, lovely exhausts - real nice sounding and not too loud, as someone said not much louder then std. I now have a magnex system. Still nice, maybe slightly better build quality but id sooner have a scorpion.

anyone wunna swap? ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 29 September 2003

Just booked mine in for Weds. Magnex cat back twin 3" for £250.
Powerzone?!

Be interested in how that looks & sounds mate...

Ad

MK2 FRS

Howd you manage to get the cat back for £250??? the twin 3" would be my preference. Thats a real bargain, best ive found is £292 for magnex not fitted. Do you not mean £350:confused:??

Nippy white cup

No m8...£250 checked if it was with Vat or not, but it is £250 all in. Going to Topgear Rich, its where Powerzone used to send the cars if you bought it of Powerzone. Really good bunch (Gary is the main man there) and will do pretty much what ever you want, any probs and you can bob back and they sort it for you.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 29 September 2003

No m8...£250 checked if it was with Vat or not, but it is £250 all in. Going to Topgear Rich, its where Powerzone used to send the cars if you bought it of Powerzone. Really good bunch (Gary is the main man there) and will do pretty much what ever you want, any probs and you can bob back and they sort it for you.
Yeah I know of Gary at Top Gear, he did a zorst for my mates CTR actually...

So thats £250 all in, fitted, the lot?! If so bargain!!!

If I like yours I could well be after one myself.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Ive looked on Topgears website and the say £329. Let us know how you get on as you will have a baragin for £250.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by swelch on 30 September 2003

Does the scorpian have a better performance gain than the Ktec ?
They will all be pretty much of a much in that respect...