ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratch X Alternatives

Chocolate Bar™
looking for a scratch x alternative for use by hand. have been having a look on carwashandwax and saw a SPIDER-ONE STEP SPIDER-WEB SCRATCH & SWIRL REMOVER 16OZ (SPDR ) but didnt know if you can use it by hand, or if you needed a machine polisher.

any suggestions appreciated, and any links to sites with discount would be good.

also looking for a clay bar, so is the kit off alex @ serious performance any good?

Fiat Coupe 20vt
The Spider Web is pretty good by hand as long as you are prepared to work it. It's best applied with the hard foam side of a german applicator and lots of effort. It's marginlly more aggressive than somthing like Poorboys SRR 2.5. I sell quite a few Sonus Hand Polish Bundles and haven't heard any negative reviews.

The alternative and possibly the route I would go down for hand polishing is a Chemical Cleaner or pre wax cleaner. There are a few available such as Sonus Paintwork Cleanser, Klasse All In One, Clearkote Vanilla Moose and CG's All In One Polish. These will deep clean the paint, smooth out and in some cases fill scrratches and swirls and then the All in Ones will lay down some initial protection.

Cheers Tim

p.s which claybar kit are you looking at?

Chocolate Bar™
been looking at the kit off alex which is a 200g bar (i think) with the lubricant, but carwashnwax have offered me a good deal on their clay and lubricant :)

not really sure what to go for regarding the polish, so may just stick with the scratch x as its cheap and does seem to do the job nicely.

106 GTi
I would stick to the Scratch X as it is a Swirl Remover designed to work by hand, starts harsh but can be broken down by hand to a finishing polish. If the Chemical Guys is more harsh than SSR 2.5 I would not use it by hand.

Also be aware if you use Klasse AIO on swirled areas it tends to highlight marks.

Chocolate Bar™
makavelli said:
scratch x and elbow grease you lazy git :p

spray your own strut brace you lazy git ;)

thanks rich, will bare that in mind, theres so many products out there nowadays its hard to get your head around lol

you just know i'll end up visiting you for a pc ;)