ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White Gloss Paint all over my LY

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Got back home today at 15:30.

Had driven through some white gloss somewhere. All up the side of the car. Not a good look on LY.

Nightmare.

Cleaning it up with soapy water & a rag as still wet. Then went over with Autoglym SR polish.

Worst pat was the car was actually quite dirty & gritty in lower areas so had to be careful not to scratch it.

Still some on inner arch liners but I guess I can use pressure washer/solvents/brush on this at a later date. My hope is most of that is probably stock to loose dirt on the liner. But any suggestions appreciated.

BMW bus
19 year old me would also like to know the answer to this question as I drove my Dads Rover 220 GTi through some pink gloss paint while he was on holiday.

Had to get it resprayed in the end, how we all laughed.

Sorry OP, this doesn’t help you at all I’m afraid.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Got back home today at 15:30.

Had driven through some white gloss somewhere. All up the side of the car. Not a good look on LY.

Nightmare.

Cleaning it up with soapy water & a rag as still wet. Then went over with Autoglym SR polish.

Worst pat was the car was actually quite dirty & gritty in lower areas so had to be careful not to scratch it.

Still some on inner arch liners but I guess I can use pressure washer/solvents/brush on this at a later date. My hope is most of that is probably stock to loose dirt on the liner. But any suggestions appreciated.
Id recommend a steamer if you have one. The heat helps to soften it and the water removes it. Failing that, gently heat gun it to soften it back up and use a plastic scraper.
With regards to the paintwork, hopefully you got it all off before it dried. But im sure a clay bar would help to remove any small spots you might have missed. And again, a little bit of heat can go a long way. Just go gentle

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I did a recon on my last driving route on my bike.

Interestingly I found two separate paint spills in about a mile of each other (with tyre tracks). Then went to Morrisons there was another in the car park (with footprints).

The second still had the lid sitting in it!

Found the tin sitting on a wall about a 3rd full ( begging for a lowlife to throw over another car). Anyway it was Wickes Wood Gloss. Solvent Based. As I thought.

Had a go at inner aches with a scraper then sourer. Got 95% off where you can see. Will let time and under arch debris clean it off or cover it up for the rest.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Panel wipe, thinners, on a soft cloth should remove it, not sure about the heat gun and clay bar though :LOL: