ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratches on Ipod??

E90
I read somewhere that brasso on the front side (ipod video) gets some scratches out, why is it that whatever material u attempt to clean an ipod with, results in scratches?? Whats everyone use, Mine is ok, just tried to take a tiny bit of dirt off, and it marked, generally it aint to bad, cos its in a zcover, but its annoying, i seem to be all out of raw silk, LOL

172, Tiguan
Mine has been in the white pouch thing they provide since day1, yet still has hairline scratches on it! Really annoying tbh!

Lee

BMW M2C
Mine's got a fair few fine scratches on, but then I leave it in my gym bag most the time and don't really care for it much when trianing either.

I remember someone saying very fine scratches can be removed with a soft cloth and some wet talc, as it's just abrassive enough to polish out the scratches.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
jon_r said:
Mine has been in the white pouch thing they provide since day1, yet still has hairline scratches on it! Really annoying tbh!

Ditto ! and I even put the white bag under it when I put it on a desk to save the back getting scratched while im using it :mad:

Yeah its really bad. Mine has hundreds of hairline scratches on the screen after i cleaned it with the cloth i use for my psp

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Lol. You really wouldn't want mine then!

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, it goes in my pocket and the only time it comes out is to charge or put tunes on it, other than that I never look at it.

106 GTi
sn00p said:
Lol. You really wouldn't want mine then!

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, it goes in my pocket and the only time it comes out is to charge or put tunes on it, other than that I never look at it.

Sounds as battered as mine!

I cleaned mine up with some plastic polish you can use on Motorycle visors only for it to get all scratched up again so never bothered again.

For anyone interested. I used some of that stuff on Clart's link and it worked a treat. Mine is like new!! Used some on my PDA too

As father and son....
Weeman said:
I read somewhere that brasso on the front side (ipod video) gets some scratches out, why is it that whatever material u attempt to clean an ipod with, results in scratches?? Whats everyone use, Mine is ok, just tried to take a tiny bit of dirt off, and it marked, generally it aint to bad, cos its in a zcover, but its annoying, i seem to be all out of raw silk, LOL

this coming from the man whos against those of us who like a nice clean motor! ;)

First off start with some Megs GC shampoo......then warmup ur clay bar....... ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
weeman cleans his ipod with silk, yet cleans his new 20k with a pair of old pants.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Mine gets treated pretty badly and bangs around my gym bag all week, needless to say it's not flawless

E90
Clart said:
weeman cleans his ipod with silk, yet cleans his new 20k with a pair of old pants.

LOL I was joking bout the raw silk, i did actally clean it with pants, i was wearing them at the time though, LOL