ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

screen wash bottle

not sure if this is in the right forum but, ive had to replace the switch on my screen wash bottle, as the one on the indicator switch went, and i couldnt justify the £80 odd quid plus vat that renault wanted so wired up my own, however, this morning on the way to my MoT, the switch went once again, so i had to quickly go and replace it, now it works ok (just to get it through MoT;)), but i dont want this problem re-occuring!, anyone got any ideas why it seems to be going all the time?? i had a leak in the washer bottle which ive patched up but it does still leak a little, could it be that the switches are going due to no washer fluid??? thanks peeps.

To be honest i wouldnt of thought that it would make a difference to the switch if it was run dry, it may fook the pump thou!!

Can you still hear the pump buzzing?

no but thats coz the switch doesnt work, i just change the switch again and it works fine???? for a while :( cheers mate

yeah possibly, im annoyed coz i used to use a push start button, decided to try that and its broken that!! gutted, cheers