ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screen wash in coolant tank

Hey guys,

About 10 minutes ago i went and topped up my screen washer fluid level, now me being an idiot and in a rush, i put the screen wash in the coolant tank not the screen wash tank...

Have i got a big problem now?the screen wash was made up of 1 part mixture to 20 parts water.

Will this cause a big problem and will i have to flush my coolant tank to get rid of it?

Any help please!

R35 GTR
You should be ok like fred said still drain the system. The coolant will have a slightly different composition than the windscreen washer fluid. Although as they are both water based there shouldnt be any immediate problems.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
mmmm washer fluid is now running around ur engine, u wouldnt personaly bother

cheers for the replys, i will drain the tank next weekend then, hopefully it doesnt cause too much trouble during the week!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i take it u no how 2 fill and bleed the system cus if u dont u will cook ur engine

i dont, no, to be honest i have never drained the coolant system before so i will be working from guides from this site and the haynes manual, i'm hoping as the mix was of a ratio of 20:1 water to mixture that it wont have done much harm as it was so diluted and draining it out soon after should fix it?

is this right?