ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scrubbed arches and cleaned wheels

RB 182
Looks like new again!

How did you clean the arches? I know you used the engine and machine cleaner but I wonder how?

RS 200
Well to be honest the car is only just over a year old, cleaned regularly, and as part of the usual clean I try and have a rub around with my hand and an old sponge to get any salt or grit out.

Today I used a normal shampoo mix of Megs NXT wash, this was used with an old dustpan and brush, brush and an old sponge.
This initial wash was then rinsed off and left to drip and air dry for a 5-10 mins so when I sprayed on the AG E&MC it didnt run straight off.
Then I sprayed on the E&MC and left to soak for a couple of mins but didnt let it dry, then used the shampoo mix again to give it a final scrub still with the E&MC still on. Then finished off with a thourough rinse.

Looks better now and makes me feel abit better knowing the winter salt is washed out.

Hope it helps.

Chris

RS 200
That looks cracking rich, have seen it before and is a good guide.

The liners in the clio make it quite easy to basically wipe down, on my pictures it looks like I've not got it all off but it's black paint. Not sure if its some type of blackish grey under coat or spray from the actual paint of the car.

Chris

106 GTi
My 306 was easy as it had the plastic arch liners.

The blackish stuff is underseal, best left on - but you can remove it with AG Bumper Care which for some reason eats through it if you wish.

No more clio's for me!
Good guide there Rich, very detailed, the 205 looks like a minter. i need to do mine and is a must before FCS!