ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scuffed Alloys

Anyone know how much it costs to get a scuffed alloy repolished. If not anyone got a spare dynamic 15incher for sale?

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

It will cost about £40+Vat per wheel. Thing is though, where i get mine done, they remove the layers and re-do everything. So if your wheel has any graphics or writing on it (like mine has OZ Racing) then that will also get removed.

Hon

do they have to do the whole wheel for a couple of scrapes? theres no corrosion or bad curb damage on the edges, its just sraped on the middle of the wheel

they dont do the edges (place i went to anyway) they just cover the whole front of the alloy. so i assume it dosent matter how many scratches.

if its not too bad a scratch, try model airplane paint.

i managed to touch the ground with the top of my alloy after a silly handbrake turn.

it scraped fairly badly so i just sanded it down with wet and dry then touched it up with airplane paint. you cant notice it now unless u study the wheel.

might not be as good for the face of a wheel, just a suggestion. I was given this idea by a prof sprayer.

Halfords do actually sell an alloy wheel repair kit - comes with all the stuff youll need including paint. Never tried it so dont know how good it is.