ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SE W960i released tomorrow

Clio_Smart
Play.com say tomorrow and sony ericsson have taken the star off it on their website meaning that its not a coming soon phone now.

Im going to rinf orange now and see if i can upgrade :D

Clio_Smart
Just google it :D

Been waiting a while for this phone as has others but just spoke to orange and they said give us a ring back in 2 weeks because it takes us around that time to test it on the orange software.

I would have thought it would have all been done ready for release date.

iv been waiting for this phone!! i was in carphonewarehouse today and they said they didnt have a clue when it was going to be released

Clio_Smart
I have just looked on thier site plus dial a phone just to see if they was offering it but no joy.

It seems wierd as orange, carphonewarehouse etc dont have a clue but a few websites are saying tomorrow.

Clio_Smart
Clicked to see what price SE were selling these at and it says 8th of jan release.

Im lost :S

Just give it a few days to see what happens.

i dont think its out tommorow IMO

iv been checking all the websites and nobody seems to know

abit strange

Clio_Smart
SE have taken down the coming soon star.

Play.com say tomorrow.

Exspanys say tomorrow.

I dont think its out tomorrow.

Clio_Smart
Same here lol

I have been waiting ages for this.

I would imagine the 8th of jan then if SE are saying that date.

Its not to bad only a few weeks, hopefully be worth the wait.

Looks a top phone :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Why are you all so excited about this phone?

Its a tarted up p1i. (which i have)

Mito Sportiva 135
They just bum the iPhone though on there...

TBH I am still looking at the LG Viewty just because its small, it works and looks good. I have a good camera and iPod so having an 8GB phone doesn't really matter that much to me.

D

dick

LOL! totally different to iphone. ie. the p1i and w960i have features

depends what you want from a phone tho doesnt it. il take gps, easy texting, email, over looking pretty anyday thankyou :)

They just bum the iPhone though on there...

TBH I am still looking at the LG Viewty just because its small, it works and looks good. I have a good camera and iPod so having an 8GB phone doesn't really matter that much to me.

exactly my thoughts, but i was put off as the viewty didnt have actuall buttons to txt with, its all touch screen isnt it?

Clio_Smart
I was thinking of the viewty aswell but thought i will wait for the w960i to be released.

I think it will be a great phone. After seeing the videos on youtube it made my mind up for me.

Just hope it doesnt have the same problems as the k850i have.

Play.com are now saying 10/12/07 for release.

SE are saying 08/01/08.

:S

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Why are you all so excited about this phone?

Its a tarted up p1i. (which i have)

I want a phone thats a great walkman and can go on internet, pick up e-mailsand have lots of storage etc. The W960 is the perfect phone no?

Clio_Smart
It has been released.

In stock on...

Play.com
Expansys.com

Cant seem to find out on the SE website if they have released it because yesterday it said the 8th of jan.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I want a phone thats a great walkman and can go on internet, pick up e-mailsand have lots of storage etc. The W960 is the perfect phone no?

What about the iphone, that does all of the above?

iPhone has iTunes, which I hate!

W960 has a better camera, and I can get it free on my network.

If I could get the iPhone cheap enough I might consider it.

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
I've been waiting for this for ages. When I phoned o2 last week a lady said its on their system as "available 31st December".
I'm also meant to have about other 3 places phoning me as soon as they are available so I'll let you know.

To the general public who want to appear "tech-savvy", the iPhone is better. To someone like me who hates iTunes and likes drag and drop, 3rd party apps, decent camera etc the Sony will be far better.

its still not available in any phone shops

there are a couple on ebay, but none have the actuall picture of the phone

Yesterday o2 upgrade said the phone is on their system as being available on week starting 7th January

Clio_Smart
^^^^

Also SE are saying 08/01/08 so i guess it will be around that time for its release on networks.

Well lets hope so :D

Mito Sportiva 135
It still says available soon on SE site but hopefully be out soon.

Whoever gets one first make sure to get a little review up on here! :D

o2 have this in stock now. for some reason their prices havent been properly been sorted as they still wanted to charge me the same to upgrade as a new customer would have to, and even they said thats prob wrong and advised to phone back in couple of days.

just been to look at the phone at Carphone Warehouse, looks very nice, didnt have much chance to play around with it but it froze briefly twice

i could have got it then and there, but i still had to pay £80 for the phone on a £35 contract.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Had a peak at one today in the Voda shop. Ive owned the p990i and have a p1 atm. Qwerty keyboard rules!

Clio_Smart
Could someone do a review on here please on what they think of the w960i and if possible some pics would be great :D

Orange still dont know when they will release :mad: