ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SE W960i released tomorrow

Skoda Fabia vRS
Orange still dont know when they will release :mad:

its not even coming soon mate on Orange, i think the earliest you will get it on Orange is March, i was waiting ages for my K850 because i wanted to stay with Orange, O2 had had it in for weeks

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah as Brun says, not even on the Coming Soon section on the Orange website and that seems to be at least a month in advance of release dates. I'm not due to April though (officially) so might worok out ok for me if I go for that, first time in ages there seem to be lots of good alternatives.

Clio_Smart
I think im going to jump over to 02.

My contract is up in feb.

Im going to ring orange tonight what shall i say as they always say you cant do this you cant do that.

Need some help guys :D

Clio_Smart
Both please :D

Pics of phone and a write up of what you think.

Thanks Saner.

Been waiting ages for this phone and vodafone seem to do a good online deal.

Im going to jump to 02 or vodafone.

Got any tips on what to say to orange so i can get my pac code and leave.

Im happy to pay my contract up, it ends in feb.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Camera Comparison with my old W900i

W900i on left W960i on right.

Normal
Flash
Macro
Live Gig

W900Normal.gif
W960Normal.gif

W900Flash.gif
W960Flash.gif

W900Macro.gif
W960Macro.gif

W900Live.jpg
W960Live.jpg

wanted o2 but the deal with vodafone was much better

£35 a month

500mins

unlimited txts

3 months free insurance

18month contract

just afew pics of the phone when i first got it:

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

really is a fantastic phone

Clio_Smart
I have been waiting ages for this.

Im due an upgrade with orange but they are no where near to releasing it so im going to get my pac code and jump onto vodafone and get my long awaited phone lol

Whats the phone like Bland ?

^^ yes it is wifi

T3rry: cant write much info as im just on my way out, the thing i will say is that the 'touch screen' was quite hard to get used to, and in some places its a little difficult to navigate around the phone without using the pen

wifi is a great touch and simple to connect etc

the phone is also suprisingly very light

already had 2 friends go out and buy the phone after seing it

i would definately reccomend it!!

il try and write a little more later, drop me a pm if you want to know anything else

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Just read the review on Mobile Review .com and its pretty damning tbh :(

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I'm on Vodafone and got it as an upgrade.

I'm uploading a few pics of the phone itself and i'll let you know what I think of it.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Some pics comparing it to a W900:

IMG_2074.gif

IMG_2071.gif

IMG_2073.gif

The W900's button menu navigation is soo soo much easier to use. I'm slowly getting used to the W960 but it will never be as quick and easy.

Pics of teh w960 on its own:

IMG_2033.gif

IMG_2029.gif

IMG_2030.gif

Scroll Wheel and push button on left hand side, very useful but...

IMG_2041.gif

...on the other side you have the volume control...

IMG_2042.gif

...which means everytime you press in the scroll wheel to select you can end up pressing in the volume control bring up its one menu. So you have to place your finger on the little 8GB sticker between the Up and Down volume buttons. I am slowly getting used to it. Like so:

IMG_2044.gif

Stylus is easy to use but can be AWOL on selecting things, sometimes not working at all (the Walkman Buttons) other times selecting slightly below where I tap. This could however just be me!

IMG_2059.gif

IMG_2060.gif

Still haven't completely got to grips with teh Walkman yet, completely different from my W900, seems a bit over complicated. What I go like is that when teh Walkman is on it plays a funky visulisation and displays track info on the main screen (both can be turned off) shown in second pic.

IMG_2062.gif

IMG_2064.gif

Not impressed with teh camera. It is supposed to be a step up from my W900 but I don't thinks its as good at all. I take less pictures now so I may decide to live with it. I have been considering trading in for a W910 because of the camera tho!

IMG_2054.gif

What I do like is how clearly it displays text, and my calander / tasks etc. Very easy to use with outlook and if ai can use my gmail with it i'll sway to keeping it!

IMG_2069.gif

IMG_2053.gif

Connecting to a wireless LAN is super easy...

IMG_2047.gif

...and the web browsing adequate. I had hoped for more though.

IMG_2048.gif

IMG_2049.gif

IMG_2051.gif

I have never had a SmartPhone before and the sheer amount of options and times it asks to 'Are You Sure' I find unessacary. I tell it I want to send a file via bluetooth and it asks me if I want to turn bluetooth on! Well of course I do silly phone! Then makes it impossible to turn off again with out diving into the menu system.

Lat pic of all is of teh Task Manager, gives you an idea of how much mem different things take up:

IMG_2055.gif

Not an exactly comprehensive review I know but if anyone wants to know more, whats some particular pics just ask!

Mito Sportiva 135
Good review...it doesn't sound like what I want though, which is quick, simple, light and reliable...was thinking of the W910i myself though...

Clio_Smart
Great review Saner.

Wasnt to convincing though lol

But im still going to go for it.

Overall Saner are you impressed with it ?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
All I have to compare it to are my previous phones:

Nokia 6600
SE S700i
SE W900i

I have never had a SmartPhone before so this is all new to me (Have used IPaqs)

It does the organiser bit very well (haven't had a go at e-mails yet)

It does the phone bit very well (touch screen with contacts can be fidily but I just use the wheel on the side and its easy)

The camera I expected more of, maybe once i've had it for a while i'll grow to accept it!

The walkman seems fiddlely, however I still haven't stopped and taken the time to figure it out and I have a feeling it will all make sense.

The connection with my PC is the smoothest I have had of any phone, no worries there at all!

The keypad is the best I have ever used for texting, like it alot.

I's much much lighter than I expected, but not too light, so thats spot on.

So overall? Yes i'm impressed, and i'm sure its a question of me getting used to the phone rather than teh phone being pants.

Clio_Smart
Thanks Saner :D

Do you think im better off ringing, online or going into a vodafone/02 shop for the best deal ?

Thanks

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I rang Voda, initialy they wanted £140 to upgrade, I said no i'm not paying that and they knocked it down to £30 :S i'm on a £25 a month contract for 18 months.

Been playing with teh Walkman, is easier to use than I was making it!

Breeze to set up G-mail although I havent recived anything new yet so don't know how it displays stuff.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Do you have a data package?

Configuring other mail clients

[SIZE=-1]Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - requires SSL:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]imap.gmail.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Use SSL: Yes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Port: 993 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]smtp.gmail.com[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] (use authentication)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Use Authentication: Yes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Port: 465 or 587[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Account Name: [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]your Gmail username (including @gmail.com)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Email Address: [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]your full Gmail email address (username@gmail.com) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Password: [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]your Gmail password [/SIZE]

Last edited:
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
come again? lol. I'm new to the whold e-mails on a phone so you'll have to bare with me.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Have changed to imap.

I'm assuming I have, haven't really looked into it. Because I can use the internet I thought I would be able to recive e-mails?

When I try and recive e-mail is times out now.

Starts up two connections which are listed in teh task manager as:

Contract WAP 07
DefaultWiFiAccount

If I connect through my router it starts up Contract WAP 07 and works perfectly.