ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seat ibiza cupra vs clio rs 3

Up rocks
1-0 to me then ;) They do look mean from the front in your rear view mirror, especially when slammed.

clio 197, mazda rx7
k-tech say on there website that there 197 remap gives a 20 lbs/ft and 9 bhp increase, now ive got a green cotton panel filter and a yozza decat catback, will the remap make much differnece?

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
there is a new ibiza cupra being release next month at paris motor show ... its a 1.4 tsi twin turbo lol

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Good lad!

I take it his isnt an Mk3 Cupra-R (these were 180bhp std buy can easily be mapped to 210+)? I would still expect you to beat a std ICR but a remaped car should be quicker in a straight line...

Peak power on my LCR is @ 2200rpm so it makes it pointless reving past 6000 as the power drops off rapidly. The same will apply to the ibiza...

it was a 2001 y reg, so duno wot mrk that makes it, i know it dnt need to go past 5500 rpm but why show 8k? lol, its im just used to hitting 7500-8k rpm now coz both my 197 and my rx 7 hit that high :)

Anything like this?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/drpayney/100_0239.jpg

Completely different engines to the 197 and rx7 fella. the engine is setup to deliver peak torque lower down the rev range. As a result the power tails off after 6k (ebecomes breathless). A remap helps you go harder, faster, longer lol

clio 197, mazda rx7
it was a 2001 y reg, so duno wot mrk that makes it, i know it dnt need to go past 5500 rpm but why show 8k? lol, its im just used to hitting 7500-8k rpm now coz both my 197 and my rx 7 hit that high :)

Anything like this?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/drpayney/100_0239.jpg

Completely different engines to the 197 and rx7 fella. the engine is setup to deliver peak torque lower down the rev range. As a result the power tails off after 6k (ebecomes breathless). A remap helps you go harder, faster, longer lol

yes mate just like that, just not a R

Up rocks

Spit with the missus and bought her out of our house and now have to pay the lot on my own, with the mods done and the way it was heading (big turbo) it was costing too much to run :( The Clio Cup is quick ish out of the box and dosnt cost the earth to fuel. Up side is she may be moving back in so it'll free up my cash so maybe a mk4 Golf big turbo will be on the cards next :)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
very nice mate :)

What made you want to get rid?

Spit with the missus and bought her out of our house and now have to pay the lot on my own, with the mods done and the way it was heading (big turbo) it was costing too much to run :( The Clio Cup is quick ish out of the box and dosnt cost the earth to fuel. Up side is she may be moving back in so it'll free up my cash so maybe a mk4 Golf big turbo will be on the cards next :)

sounds good mate!

Do you not fancy an LCR fella?

I live just up the road from Awesome GTI. I really rate them :)

ff 182
was talking about this to friend last night about ,about me haveing alittle play with a 197.i was going down the slip road on to the motoway when i saw him comeing up fast .then he slowed down so i peged it.he could not catch me .mine has the stage 1 custom code remap tho.pushing around 210bhp.so i imagine a remaped cupra will take a 197 on the straight ...btw im not trying to start a war lol .thats just the way it was !

Up rocks

sounds good mate!

Did think about a LCR, drove a REVO'd one (260ish bph) and wasnt that impressed to be honest, but then i prefer hatchbacks. Been to Awsome a few times, good lads.

Up rocks
was talking about this to friend last night about ,about me haveing alittle play with a 197.i was going down the slip road on to the motoway when i saw him comeing up fast .then he slowed down so i peged it.he could not catch me .mine has the stage 1 custom code remap tho.pushing around 210bhp.so i imagine a remaped cupra will take a 197 on the straight ...btw im not trying to start a war lol .thats just the way it was !

I think a mk4 Ibiza running CC phase 1 would be level pegging with a 197 from a rolling start but i think from standing the 197 would have it due to the Cupra having to shift earlier to stay in the peak power band. (mk3 Cupras rarely see 200bhp on a phase 1 map)

clio 197, mazda rx7
aint the cupras 180 standard? if so will easy make 200 with a remap.surely

the R's are 180 standard, but the cupra's are 150, also maybe the 197 driver you cained couldnt drive? also how do you know he was trying ;) lol

ff 182
i didnt say i cained him lol, he came up fast then slowed down to my speed behind me thats when i went for it.i got away first then he followed but i was pulling on him believe me he was raceing

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
sounds good mate!

Did think about a LCR, drove a REVO'd one (260ish bph) and wasnt that impressed to be honest, but then i prefer hatchbacks. Been to Awsome a few times, good lads.

I've never driven a remapped LCR, was it quick? Why were you unimpressed?

Audi S1
I no this a slighty off the subject but i dont feel its worth posting another thread...

My mate just brought the Seat Leon TFSI... 180bhp, me and my bro in law both have 172's the only mod i have which will increase some sort of performance is the ITG air filter....

Who you reckon will win out of the two...personally i think the 172's will make some ground below 100 and then after than the leon will take over???

Last edited:
I no this a slighty off the subject but i dont feel its worth posting another thread...

My mate just brought the Seat Leon TFSI... 180bhp, me and my bro in law both have 172's the only mod i have which will increase some sort of performance is the ITG air filter....

Who you reckon will win out of the two...personally i think the 172's will make some ground below 100 and then after than the leon will take over???

http://www.santapod.co.uk/

clio 197, mazda rx7

how old is it?
also check this http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=32480
tbh i think ul be pretty even all the way, those things much weight loads more than ours any way, he'll probs wont pass you he might get level with you, i think????? :S????

Audi S1
The 172 torque is better as well... i no ild definatly pull from him below 100....the thing is he just got the car...i have experience in my car of dropping the gears;) lol

clio 197, mazda rx7
no, his torque is 270 nm with says its 199 lbs/tf, yours is 200 nm duno wot that is in lbs/ft probs 150sih, duno tho, he has more torque