ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat Mount Spacer Boss Thing

Clio 182 Trophy
Hi all

In the process of repairing the drivers-side-rear-right seat mount from what I assume was a larger driver at some point.

Having trouble finding the attached part. It's the plastic spacer with metal insert that the seat mount drops through and the nut clamps down on to.
20220403_190248.jpg

20220403_190252.jpg

20220403_190259.jpg

Anyone able to assist?

Is there somewhere where I can look through drawings for part numbers? Thinking of replacing the nuts too whilst I'm there.

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
I believe they just raise the seat an arbitrary amount. I have seen people recommend swapping them for washers to lower a few mm - or binning them completely as @leeds2592 has suggested

Clio 182 Trophy
Hmmm interesting...
Weird that renault wouldn't just build that clearance in to the seat mount itself, rather than all the trouble of the spacer.

Seat height is less of a concern in the Trophy but something to consider for sure...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm interesting...
Weird that renault wouldn't just build that clearance in to the seat mount itself, rather than all the trouble of the spacer.

Seat height is less of a concern in the Trophy but something to consider for sure...

I'm not sure if that was the actual reason Renault put them in, but it is a consequence when you remove them.

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
I want to do mine but I have a small speaker sub in the way. Anybody running no seat-spacers and an aftermarket sub that fits under?