ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat removal and fitting

Hi just bought some phase 1 sports seats for my phase 2

Just wondering if there are any walkthroughs on how i fit them , all i know is that i need to go under the car to take out the front and the back are quite easy?

Also do i need a resistor for my airbags ?
any help greatly appreciated

cheers
henry

Clio 197 RB
Firstly disconnect the battery and don't start with the seats until 15 or 20 minutes has passed.
Jack the car up and take of the rubber bungs nearest to the edge of the car, this will reveal the bolts you need to undo.
There are then more bolts in the centre of the car.
Inside the car you will need to the. Disconnect all the wires from the seatbelt part of the seat.
Then it should be pretty self explanatory.

Cheers , sounds quite simple, do i need a resistor ? if so got any ideas which, where to get ?

thanks

Firstly disconnect the battery and don't start with the seats until 15 or 20 minutes has passed.
Jack the car up and take of the rubber bungs nearest to the edge of the car, this will reveal the bolts you need to undo.
There are then more bolts in the centre of the car.
Inside the car you will need to the. Disconnect all the wires from the seatbelt part of the seat.
Then it should be pretty self explanatory.

And also , do you know the torx size for the back seats ? Sorry a bit of a r****d when it comes to stuff like this !

Cheers , sounds quite simple, do i need a resistor ? if so got any ideas which, where to get ?

thanks

That's only for fitting seats without airbags in order to stop the "airbag" light coming on the dash. E.g. when people fit Recaro Trendlines from a Trophy or selected V6/182.

AFAIK.

Whilst the rear seats have a torx head, they also have a normal rectangular head on the outside. General consensus is that it's a much safer option to use a spanner on bolts of that size.

That's only for fitting seats without airbags in order to stop the "airbag" light coming on the dash. E.g. when people fit Recaro Trendlines from a Trophy or selected V6/182.

AFAIK.

Whilst the rear seats have a torx head, they also have a normal rectangular head on the outside. General consensus is that it's a much safer option to use a spanner on bolts of that size.

Ah right cheers for that ,
The back ones were a b**ch to get out , the torx were so tight , other than that all went smoothly :)
Thanks again