ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

seatbelt pre-tentioners

ok guys my new seat come in 2 weeks which will be all fine and dandy !! but

i am unsure about the seat belt pre-tentioners

can i just unplug them and be sitting in my new seats ???

i know they have sumthing to do with the airbag but i am not sure

so has any 1 ever fitted after market seats in to a clio with an air bag and pre-tentioners

Upon removal of the old seats( imagine there not in there ) all that will be left of the pre tensioner system is the wire that comes through the carpet. Theres no way of utilising this system when fitting aftermarket seats.

I would just unplug it and fit in your new seats. If it was bothering you, i suppose you could fit harnesses??

this is what i says in the haynes book;

Pre-tensioner deactivation

a) switch off the ignition,

b)remove the fuse and then wait for a minimum of 5 minutes before carrying out further work,

c) separate the two halves of the switch

On models with a central airbag system the pre tensioner shares the same control unit as the airbag system

172 M69 eater

iv done this recently - no probs jus dont strain it wen u unplug it or ur in the preverbial sh*te! all it does is reduces the whip of the seat belt or somethin like that. ur seat belt will still work its jus if ur in an accident its likely to hurt a bit more!

clio 20v

i just unplugged the connector an whipped the seat out

in anycase the pre-tensioner is attached to the seat sub-frame anyway not the car

just get it out u pussy hehe ;)