ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

second 1.2 project

1.2 16v Clio dynamiq
As sad as it is my first 1.2 clio was written off because of another young driver, i will post some photos of that car because that was my original project.

all the photos to these two can be found here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/88782849@N07/

picked up a 1.2 52plate with 65k an some body damage for £840, at the time i just needed it as a run around to get to work an back, i was originally going to just get rid of it but i appear to have gotten slightly attached to it, so here goes with the plans.

basically going to make a 172 replica, i have so far got:
172 rear bumper
door cards
steering wheel
new back lights
spoiler
wind deflectors
an a few lil bits an bobs

The car is going in to the body shop next month to get the dent removed and colour coded, I am thinking of keeping the standard front bumper and just changing the grill.

Things I am thinking of doing:
it needs either new front lights or the ones it has need a good clean, I am tempted on the idea of angle eyes as i have always wanted some, however i don't want it to look chavvy, (peoples thoughts would be appreciated)
induction kit maybe
it will be getting lowered as i am getting some springs next week i am going with 70mm on the rear how low should i go on the front? i was thinking 50

alloys!! aiming to get some speed line turini 16" - just need to find some that i can afford.

thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated!
thanks for reading

E46 M3, Clio 182
172 rep sounds good, however it can get costly!! Personally I would choose projector headlights over angel eyes as these can look chavy.

As for lowering, I would go coilovers, then you can adjust the ride height to what you prefer, you only need budgets… no point spending £££ on a 1.2 IMO.

Choice of alloys sound good, will look forward to seeing how this progresses! :D

1.2 16v Clio dynamiq
Thanks mate, what's the difference between projector an angle eyes? ive had a look online an they look the same..

172 Projector headlights are xenon's/HID's, whatever you want to call them. Angle lights aim at different angles iirc... Lol I guess you meant angel eyes. IMO they look gash, and I drove about with them for ages (although I did have the best example of them, spinksy92 is now running them)

Check out my project thread and you'll see both the angel eyes and Renault sport projector headlights, the latter being the better version if HID's is what your after IMO.

Edit: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ogress-thread/page5&highlight=Progress+thread

1.2 16v Clio dynamiq
It's time for an update! since it have been a while, the clio is pretty much unrecognisable! it is officially a 172 replica, just has a few little pits left to do to complete it!

the mods / changes on the car

full 172 kit front an rear bumper, skirts, trim, seats.
carbon bonnet (not on the car yet)
air filter
painted engine bits
it was on 60-front 70rear springs
its now on TA-technic coilovers an about 60rear 60front (will be going lower)
recently got a luguna splitter for it

it needs an exhaust system!

Photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/88782849@N07/

Clio RS 200 Gordini
As sad as it is my first 1.2 clio was written off because of another young driver, i will post some photos of that car because that was my original project.

all the photos to these two can be found here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/88782849@N07/

picked up a 1.2 52plate with 65k an some body damage for £840, at the time i just needed it as a run around to get to work an back, i was originally going to just get rid of it but i appear to have gotten slightly attached to it, so here goes with the plans.

basically going to make a 172 replica, i have so far got:
172 rear bumper
door cards
steering wheel
new back lights
spoiler
wind deflectors
an a few lil bits an bobs

The car is going in to the body shop next month to get the dent removed and colour coded, I am thinking of keeping the standard front bumper and just changing the grill.

Things I am thinking of doing:
it needs either new front lights or the ones it has need a good clean, I am tempted on the idea of angle eyes as i have always wanted some, however i don't want it to look chavvy, (peoples thoughts would be appreciated)
induction kit maybe
it will be getting lowered as i am getting some springs next week i am going with 70mm on the rear how low should i go on the front? i was thinking 50

alloys!! aiming to get some speed line turini 16" - just need to find some that i can afford.

thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated!
thanks for reading

Shouldn't be too hard to buff that out.

1.2 16v Clio dynamiq
There good mate, so much better than lowering springs, got it at about 80/90m on the front an its a solid ride, be prepared to feel every bump haha