ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Second hand 172 prices

Hi guys,

Im looking to buy a mk2 172 asap! The problem is i have become a little concerned about the future re-sale value of these cars because of the new 182.

Im looking at buying a 1 or 2 year old car with low mileage (under 15k). Now the prices i am seeing on auto trader and the like have cars that fit this description at around the £9,000 and upwards price range. Seeing as a new 182 can be had for about £2,500 more, is there any sense in buying a 172 for this money?!! I can see in 2 years time when i come to sell that no one will want a 172 as you will be able to pick up a better 182 for similar money.

Ok so u guys reckon that £8000 - 8500 is a fair price for a low mileage 172??

Ive also seen a 8 month old 172, 6k on the clock going for £12,000!! That price sounds well over the top to me - what should you be paying for this age of car??

Cheers!!

also it depends whether it is an import or not, when my dad got one we found that the cheaper ones were not uk cars, he paid more for a uk one.

there seemed to be a fair bit off difference in the price too, god knows why.

off topic here, mk 1 golf gtis are class, ive always wanted one !!

A 172 Cup may hold its value a bit better...Atleast that is what I am hoping since they are from a limited production run etc.... And lets not forget they are faster than a 182 anyway from most of the figures I have read!:D

youd be lucky to find one cheap also where can u get 182s for 11.5k?? once the 182 u have all options added tax registration etc is say ud be lucky to find one under £12.5k which is about £3k more than a good 172, just picked mine up 2002 02 plate import with 30k on the clock for £7700 maybe a bit high? who knows the same car but a full uk model is around £9k iv seen 2002 172s with 30k on going for over £9k so im more than happy saving almost £1.5k simplye because on my insurance certificate it says import, imports will sell on for less but at the end of the day they are the same car and both have 3yrs warrenty. Ul also find youy can get your 172 within a week of agreeing a price try getting a 172 in less than a month simply wont happen, all down to personal choice i plumped for the 172 becase the one i got was around £5k cheaper and i intend to sell it on in 2 years or so anyway.

You can buy a good example of a second hand 172 now for £9000 - £10000, in two years time youll probable get £6000 back when you sell. If you buy a 182 now youll be lucky to buy one for under £13000, and when you sell it in two years time youll only get around £9000 for it. Either way youll lose money.

well ive got a 172 modial blue going for 11.5k ono, it got 13k mileage and only 7mths old, going to sell it at the end of May. If ya interested Pm me.

...and Ive got a mint 02 172 in black with Eibachs/geometry handling mods/Carbon Metallic pads, 2 years old in May, 10k miles which Ill be looking to sell.

172 FF

new 182s for 10k? Whats this about?

I checked the carpeople before I got my 2nd hand 172 last month & they wanted about 10k+ for 02 172s.