ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seized wishbone bolt!

MX5, A4 Avant
Hello All!

Any suggestions for my situation my rear wishbone bolt is seized solid through the arm. I've removed the nut which was easy enough but I can't get the bolt back through the bush, I've wiggled the arm and smacked the bolt with a club hammer, heated it, filled it with Plus Gas and repeated!

The bolt head turns but don't remove - any suggestions? .

Cheers,

PH2 172
Hello All!

Any suggestions for my situation my rear wishbone bolt is seized solid through the arm. I've removed the nut which was easy enough but I can't get the bolt back through the bush, I've wiggled the arm and smacked the bolt with a club hammer, heated it, filled it with Plus Gas and repeated!

The bolt head turns but don't remove - any suggestions? .

Cheers,
Try WURTH Rostoff or a 50/50 mix of Automatic Transmission Fluid(ATF) and Acetone.
You say the bolt turns,but the bolt may still be seized in the metal sleeve,which has sheared from the rubber,or you have mushroomed the threaded end of the bolt?

Clio 172
I got 3 of the 4 bolts out by levering and turning at the same time. 4th was going nowhere though, had to chop it out and replace the bolt.

MX5, A4 Avant
Cheers guys, ended up getting the grinder out! The bolt had seized solid in the inner metal portion of the bush, new bolts for re-installation!

Just as well I took the suspension to bits as on removing the OS wheel the CV joint boot had completely split, got a lot of work to do to wipe up all the grease that's been spread everywhere. Now the arm has been cut out at least it's easy to change!

Only issue is that I cut the wishbone (not a lot of space to work in) having ordered new bushes and a balljoint I need to swap these for a whole new arm, which in retrospect is what I should have done in the first place!

Thanks for your help again.