ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Self Locking Problem?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry if i haven't posted in the right section but i need some things answering.

Just recently i've been noticing that my car locks it's self ...like almost straight after i have unlocked it got in etc.

Noticed it aswell mainly when i'm washing my car, if i have the radio on and the key in the ignition. I know that it probably is supposed to lock itself after a while but i didn't think it would do it if the key was in the ignition?? ..i actually got locked out tonight while washing it - good job i have a spare key!

Does anyone else have a similar problem with their Clio's? is there anyway of turning it off or something? Lol

it just seems to be completely random, sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't - there doesn't seem to be any kind of logic to it at all?

Cheers! :approve:

It normally only locks when you unlock it and don't open a door, or if enabled when you set off driving over a certain speed. If a door has been opened and it hasn't moved it shouldn't lock :S

You could try disabling the autolock... Hold the door lock key on the dash for about 5 seconds and it will beep.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
It normally only locks when you unlock it and don't open a door, or if enabled when you set off driving over a certain speed. If a door has been opened and it hasn't moved it shouldn't lock :S

You could try disabling the autolock... Hold the door lock key on the dash for about 5 seconds and it will beep.

Yeah exactly what I thought ...I've tried what you've suggested so I'll see if that works. Is there any way of telling if the auto lock is on or off? Lol

Dan

Could be a faulty sensor in the door? My old car did this, the door open sensor was corroded so only worked about 5% of the time. Unlock, get in, after 30secs car would lock itself thinking the door hadn't been opened.

Mine did this, much to me getting used to it after 6 months i locked my keys inside! It turned out to be the 'button' inside of the car where the door closes on. My drivers side one was faulty, i temp swapped it with my passenger one and it works fine, just need to get one for the passenger side now so its all working right. To test it just see if your interior light comes on or when your lights are on it beeps when you open the door up?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Mine did this, much to me getting used to it after 6 months i locked my keys inside! It turned out to be the 'button' inside of the car where the door closes on. My drivers side one was faulty, i temp swapped it with my passenger one and it works fine, just need to get one for the passenger side now so its all working right. To test it just see if your interior light comes on or when your lights are on it beeps when you open the door up?

Okay cheers mate I'll give it ago :)

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for starting a old thread again. I've definitely come to the conclusion it must be something to do with a sensor in the drivers door. I have now noticed that after my car locks automatically and i have been for a drive if I open my drivers door the car doesn't unlock again automatically, but if I open the passenger door it does. Also as someone has suggested in previous posts the interior light doesn't come on anymore when the drivers door is opened but does if I open the passengers. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Dan :)

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Get a new switch, they come out really easily.

What I did for now is swap it over with the passengers side so the drivers door functions as it should.

Good idea that is! Haha,I'll swap them around for now don't suppose you have a link or something to where I can get another one?