ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sell me a mac.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Tell me why I should get a mac over a normal windows laptop bearing in mind I've used windows my entire life and know nothing about mac.

My only apple experience is my iPhone which I adore. <3

It'll keep you warm in winter and keep the rain off.

Not sure why a clothing thread is in this section TBH.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Anyone seen his feature in Objectified?

He shows how the Airs are made, and how the screen sections of iMac bodies are cut out to make two keyboard frames. Pretty cool.

Plus, he's my hero.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Here you go. It's worth downloading the whole film from iTunes, though. The fella talking before Jony is Dieter Rams. Braun's head of design for twenty years.

If you like that, get his previous film 'Helvetica'

New one is out next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just moved to mac as well as PC, so far I like it. I havent actually had that much time to play about with it as I havent had one for a very long time, and I keep waiting for them to be replaced!

It depends what you want out of it, I bought it because I would be doing a lot of photography work on it, and that's what macs do better - design etc......

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Here you go. It's worth downloading the whole film from iTunes, though. The fella talking before Jony is Dieter Rams. Braun's head of design for twenty years.

If you like that, get his previous film 'Helvetica'

New one is out next year.

Brilliant, but £6.99 is steep for each film.

Still, i'll be watching them soon ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  A red missile
Sell you a Mac? I've got a mint condition G4 Cube with 1gb ram & a 120gb HD - that was the most it could handle.

£50 and it's yours

Clio 172
I've just bought one so far I love it. I've wanted one for a long time though.

Fantastic so far, I can't get over how quickly it does things, and its soo easy to use it untrue.

Go to a Apple Store and just have a play with one and chat to someone and they'll show you what it can do.