ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling my car need help!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Not sure if this is in the right place.

I have got my 53 plated Clio on Fleabay for sale.

I had this email off someone last night.

Hi nice car mate just wondering if u would be interested in doing a part exchange with a Toyota celica gt4 wrc model only 2000 ever made plus £3000 my way as i paid £7000 last year for the car. The car is in imaculate condition with 58000 miles on the clock on a 1994 plate car with only a frw stone chips on driver side wing.The car is a 2 litre turbo twin entry with a apexi through exhaust system a mushroom induction kit and rear tinted windows. The car is sitting on a pair of 17 inch oz wheels with 4 brand new tyres and brake pads have been changed. The car is currently running at 1.2 bar boost at 300 bhp. The car has all mod cons including air condtioning electric windows mirrors and sunroof. Here are some pics of my car hope you like it thanks iain p.s if interested then please e mail me back so we can arrange a deal thanks iain

Been trying to see if I can find how much these are going for because I am selling the Clio to downgrade so wouldn't want to keep the Celica, just sell it on.

On Autotrader they are at least 4k.

Anyone had any experience with one of these? What should I look for? Is it a good deal. Was about for anything above 6k for my car so this sounds good to me.

Where would the best places to sell this on?

Thanks

BMW E46 330i Touring
Can't see how the math works to be honest mate.

If he's wanting the Clio + £3000 for his Celica, which he paid £7k for last year, then his car is probably worth about £6.5k now, which values your Mk2 172 at about £3.5k.... which I would certainly not sell it for if I was you.

Ads_172 said:
Can't see how the math works to be honest mate.

If he's wanting the Clio + £3000 for his Celica, which he paid £7k for last year, then his car is probably worth about £6.5k now, which values your Mk2 172 at about £3.5k.... which I would certainly not sell it for if I was you.

Sorry the way I read it. I would get the 3k but now you said it does sound like he wants 3k.

darren_rallye said:
It's probably easier to sell the Clio too than an Jap performance car...

Yeah. Had loads of interest. There is 29 watchers. Been trying to post it in the Cars for Sale section but it won't do it. :(

BMW E46 330i Touring
Need to be a member to do that.

I'd turn the guy down and just see how the auction goes, unless he does a straight swap, as that'll be a more realistic deal.

Ads_172 said:
Need to be a member to do that.

I'd turn the guy down and just see how the auction goes, unless he does a straight swap, as that'll be a more realistic deal.

Thought I was.:dapprove:

I have turned him down. Not looking for that sort of car.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Sorry mate, I mean a paid up member. It stops people just joining the forum, posting up dodgy deals for sale and then making a runner with the money.

Ads_172 said:
Sorry mate, I mean a paid up member. It stops people just joining the forum, posting up dodgy deals for sale and then making a runner with the money.

Yeah I know what you mean. Thought I paid for membership sometime last year.:dead:

Is it a yearly thing?

i would ask him to wait and see how the auction pan's out but i wouldn't p,x . as said before your more likely to seel the clio faster .

Dave3141 said:
yep, you must renew every year for £5.

Are ok, need to check back to see when I registered.

Never mind car is on Ebay if anyone is interested.

Silver with loads of pics

Tim said:
i would ask him to wait and see how the auction pan's out but i wouldn't p,x . as said before your more likely to seel the clio faster .

Hope so anyway. HAd a few offers for a part ex now.