ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling Squirt..

People that know Squirt - how much would you put him up for?? He has done 21k & is immaculate..just to get ideas....

People that dont know him check the photos in the album under MK2 172

Just for fun...

Cheers

Hi Steve,

I aint yet was just getting some valuations via the wonderful people at ClioSport!!

Clio_lass - yeah fraid so, why??

I know whatr your saying Jilly but I would actually disagree as it totally depends on the quality of the mods made & whether warranty is still void which mine is. I think you lose value when you stick silly fat kits on with 19" wheels & it sounds like a scud missile...

Squirt is actually a one off in so far as nobody has colour coded the front inc fogs etc & I know a few people that would only buy him tomorrow just because of his mods.

As I stated at top of this link I am NOT selling him was just enquiring about rough prices as I had investigated myself but just wondered what you lot thought.....

He is booked in for more work at moment anyway so be a fool to sell him now. (y)

320d M Sport

seems our 172s are plumetting in value at the moment..... hmm, another reason to go to the dark side maybe? :confused:

car looks nice squirt BTW.:D

Ph1

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 26 January 2004

seems our 172s are plumetting in value at the moment..... hmm, another reason to go to the dark side maybe? :confused:

Thats what happens when the car market is flooded with cheap imports and car supermarkets :(

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 26 January 2004

Pray tell me - although I am afraid of the answer

WHAT IS THE DARK SIDE?? :devilish: :devilish:

Cheers for compliments ref Squirt

I am actually going to look at a MKII 172 tonight, blue, 9500 miles on an 02 reg and he will take £8,800 so that is a rough indication. The 172s do seem to be going down in price but then you never make money on cars (unless you own a Mini One apparently).

Motorpoint.co.uk are now selling brand new MKII 172s for £10,999 ! There is a car in the FOR SALE section on this site with 14k on the clock asking £10,500. As the old saying goes "it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it" but why buy a 2nd hand car for just £500 less than you can get new ? I know we all want the most for our cars but sometimes we have to face facts and admit that we will not get as much as we want and a sacrifice has to be made. I had to when I sold my car, bought it for £12,000 and sold it 7 months later for £10,000 with only 5,500 miles on the clock !
:(

Just my opinion by the way, puts me off buying new again though because of the losses you have to incur.

Going back to the original topic, dont do it Squirt ! I did and I missed it from the moment it went, hence me getting another one now (hopefully) ! Your car looks great, I would say it would be worth around £9,500 with all the mods, wont get anywhere near that on part-ex though unfortunately.

Dai

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Why does everyone call Jaine Squirt ??? The car is called Squirt and the owner Jaine :D

Jaine has done some really nice mods to Squirt and I aint one for modding motors, but the wheels, colour coding and Bailey rad tank under the Bonnet (Yes I remember the tank Jaine) makes Squirt look sweet. The tinted windows look the part as well.

I think you will get about 9k - 9.5K for him Jaine but maybe more with all the orignal parts thrown in.

Ivan

Cos her tag is Squirt 172, same as people call me Daipac and call you Chavy you eader ! Now quit being pi$$y Engleeeesh !
:D

I agree with everything else you said mate.

PS Blue 172s are the quickest yeah ?
;)

Harsh, but fair....... why not Welsh W4nker ? Got a better ring to it !
:devilish:

Now stop changing the topic you Engleeesh pig dog, I fart in your general direction........
;)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 27 January 2004

Now stop changing the topic you Engleeesh pig dog, I fart in your general direction........
;)

LOL sounds familiar...

May you be plagued with genital warts for the rest of your natural life.

Sorry a mod may need to move this Off Topic ;)

LMFAO @ you two...this is the ClioSport I miss....the respect & admiration for each other...hahaha. Anyway I have no intention of selling my baby. Thanks for the words of wisdom people & the bilge from Ivan...;) (what did u mean about calls being traced....you work for the CIA now)??

Labia lover....:eek:

dfdf

I think the reason the depreciation for a 3 year old clio 172 looks so bad is because everyone is comparing it to the list price of £15k. There seems to be a lot of places selling 172s for around £12k new just now so if you see it as losing £3k in 3 years (as most seem to sell for around £9k) that aint quite so bad. Well, unless you paid £15k for a new one that is :cry:

Personally, depreciation is one of the main factors thats stopping me buying a Clio 182 just now. Especially seeing as the new Mk3s out next year. This is likely to knock a good bit off the second hand prices of the current ones. Though it has to be said that from the pics Ive seen the new one looks seriously ugly. Hopefully the renaultsport version will look better.

Elise/VX220/R26

50% after 3 years is about average, wouldnt say 172s have bad depreciation really unless your looking at list proce of 14k but who pays 14k for one?

Our 172 that we bought at exactly 3 years old was £8000 (private sale). It would have been £15500 new, so thats about 48% in three years.

Ivan does have his uses see ! Apart from being a toilet hugger ! Queer as folk !
:p

On another note, I have just agreed to purchase a mint monaco blue MKII 172 with just 9500 miles, got it for £8800 which I am VERY happy about ! Sooooooooo I am back after being away far too long !

Awww bless I am sorry - I love Wales except I got a speeding fine last time I visited..t**sers, bloody filth who would work for them ??? (Me).

Anyway where you from, I was just there a month ago & went to Rhossili, Three Cliffs & LLangenith??

Jaine x

I got a speeding fine in Wales too ! Gutted !

Bloody hell ! Llangennith is about 30 mins from my house, I live in Swansea so it is just down the road. Gorgeous part of the country down the Gower ! Last summer it was like you were abroad sitting on the beach down there.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 28 January 2004

I got a speeding fine in Wales too ! Gutted !
What did the police clock you overtaking a sheep in suspicious circumstances ;)

Jaine Yep I love the Labia :D

You shouldve seen it, Mr. Sheep didnt know what the hell was happening ! We dont see cars very often in Wales see butty ! Baaaaaa !

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez !

Thats right, I look out of my window and all I see is the green green grass of home, no sign of civilisation anywhere ! I have to stick me wellies on to get to the car cos it is parked in a field somewhere cos we dont have concrete roads here in Wales, ho ho no way !

I have never actually been on a farm, ever ! Too much tempation with all em lovely sheep around eh ! Baaaaaaaa !

Sheeeeeesh !

I am here for your entertainment, Random is in da his-ouse !

Diolch yn fawr ! Welsh for pi$$ off you bar steward ! Actually, it means Thank you very much in Welsh so you learn something too !! LOL !

;)

Cheers mate, very much looking forward to getting the NEW (well... 2002) car too ! A few things to sort out and it should be mine by next weekend at the latest I hope. I can test it against that Skoda Labia you are getting then when it is chipped ! I can tell you fancy your chances !

:D

Random