ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

semi stripped 172

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
got bored and took seats out earlyer only took 20 mins and was alot easyer than i thought it would be.

stripped.jpg

it worth taking anything else out? i dont wanna go to mad as its not going to be staying like this just thought id try it.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
cant see it takin long at all its 5 bolts and slotting either side in then the rest is piss.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
very cheap at £0.00 inc VAT

could do with a wash yeah its just raining everyday so not worth it.

CTR--VX220D
Wish I had the chance! Its sick at Yoz's. ;)

I dont want to take anymore out of the rear without taking some more out of the front.... weight distribution.

CTR--VX220D
Chris...how about moving the battery to the boot and swapping it for a race battery?

Yes - once my cash flow has resurrected itself from the huge amount of spending Ive done to get my 172 track worthy and repair it I will be fitting a Mocal Oil Cooler and reposition and replace battery to Race spec.

The carpet will be out when I can be arsed to take my Imolas out!

Fred - Yoz had fun getting it that stripped to sort out his wiring! :D

Lionel Richie
yeah it passed, the notes on it were funny though

"no passenger door handle present"
"exhaust system noisy"

etc

CTR--VX220D
Bloody MOT's!

No sh1t its noisy!

So Yoz has been let loose on the Staffordshire roads in winter in his 1.2???

IM staying in! lol

Lionel Richie
yep, i drove it back from the MOT station, i could barely see over the steering wheel! (its got my carbon Suzuka in it now)

Lionel Richie
no i can reach the pedals ok, its 1st and 3rd gear thats the problem

steering wheel will be getting lowered too

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i just took all of my rear seats out, spare wheel etc, need the room for picking up some new wheels next week sometime, can feel the difference in weight straight away, and even the standard exhaust with just an airfilter on actually sounds fairly good with no baffling on top!

might decide to leave them all out!!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
im sorry. i cant understand. im not havin it that takin the back seats out is worth doin? im not havin a pop at ya i just dont understand it?
losing the weight of a couple of foam seats cant make a real diff?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i can see your point, i never did mine expecting more performance, like i said just needed more room in the back, and didnt want to ruin the seats etc, but the seats are heavier than you think, the backs anyway, and i suppose i had the spare wheel and jack, sub, amp, flase floor so i suppose i have shed a bit of weight just with aftermarket stuff!

i suppose it depends more on what else is in your car, but it is definately a difference.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
fair enuff. makes sense on paper i guess. spose i cant knock it til ive tried it! like my alcantara/leathers tho they look smart.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeh, i wouldnt get rid of the leather!

mine will all go back in probably next weekend!